HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Will you be shooting a target bow or hunting bow for this league? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/222161-will-you-shooting-target-bow-hunting-bow-league.html)

Rick James 12-11-2007 02:26 PM

Will you be shooting a target bow or hunting bow for this league?

Just curious.......

Do you have a target specific bow using a sight with a lens, or long stabilizer setup that you plan to use for this league, or just the hunting bow setup with fixed pins and a short stabilizer?

GMMAT 12-11-2007 02:30 PM

RE: Will you be shooting a target bow or hunting bow for this league?

Good question. I'll be setting up a bow to shoot HC with.....but it won't be here in time for me to start with it. So....raw hunting setup for me.

MO_Bowhnter 12-11-2007 02:31 PM

Just purchased a target sight and lens and am looking for a long stab here now. First timer with target equipment so it might be a detriment to my shooting but I'd like to get into shooting some winter leagues and I had my spare bow laying around so why not. Looking forward to learning a new way of archery.

Rick James 12-11-2007 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Good question. I'll be setting up a bow to shoot HC with.....but it won't be here in time for me to start with it. So....raw hunting setup for me.
Jeff:

That bow would still fall into the same equipment restrictionsas a true pure hunting bow. What I'm looking for is setups that would fall into "unlimited" or "open" class setups with all the gizmos, lenses, long stabilizers, and other widgets we can use in this type of class.

So unless it looks like the bow below.......it's considered to be a "hunting" bow. ;)

Rick James 12-11-2007 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Just purchased a target sight and lens and am looking for a long stab here now. First timer with target equipment so it might be a detriment to my shooting but I'd like to get into shooting some winter leagues and I had my spare bow laying around so why not. Looking forward to learning a new way of archery.
Very cool, feel free to ask any questions in this forum that you might have about setup or selection for this new indoor bow. I'll do my best to answer anything you may have. That goes for anyone as well, if you have Q's about equipment or form or anything that has a direct effect on your indoor game please feel free to take advantage of this forum and ask away. I'd love to see a lot of people learn more and maybe get hooked on another new form of archery that will keep you active in the off season.

GMMAT 12-11-2007 02:47 PM

I figured that much, Rick....just answering the question, though. WHATEVER I shoot will be considered a "hunting" setup (I should have said);)

MOmightymite 12-11-2007 03:11 PM

Hunting rig for me. It is gonna be hard to see that vegas ring with my .29 optic sights, but i managed last year.

Rick James 12-11-2007 03:29 PM

Man all you MO guys are confusing the heck outta me.......[8D]

Matt/TN 12-11-2007 03:54 PM

I'm going to be shooting a long stab, but that's it. Which still puts me an "Open" class. I'm thinking about breaking down and putting a slide bar and a spring steel on my bow though [&:].

KodiakArcher 12-11-2007 04:55 PM

Hmmm... undecided as yet. I'm still too busy hunting to think about the target bow just now.