HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Your excuse for getting your ass kicked in the contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/275933-your-excuse-getting-your-ass-kicked-contest.html)

quiksilver 11-29-2008 08:32 AM

Your excuse for getting your ass kicked in the contest

Well, the season's winding down - and nobody appears to be threatening the Undisputed Kings of Archery. The Dark Horses basically took this one wire-to-wire, with no signs of challenge from any of the competitors. Sad, really, because we were at least hoping that somebody would make us sweat it out.

But, at the end of the day,there was nothing left to doubt, and it wasthe Horses by a furlong.

Such is life. Game Over. Thanks for playing. Please insert another quarter to continue.

Heroes

So anyway, what is your excuse for getting stomped by the Stallions?

JoeRE 11-29-2008 08:52 AM

RE: Your excuse for getting your ass kicked in the contest

It is all my fault. If I could have just shot that 900" buck (its IA, its got to be there, right? - every out of stater knows that) we would be in contention. Instead, I just settled for a 140. (;))

_Dan 11-29-2008 09:25 AM

My buck is at the taxi....haven't scored it yet. Euro mount should be done in another week.

Oh yeah......you got Duke.

Oneshot7 11-29-2008 09:58 AM

weather :eek:

GMMAT 11-29-2008 10:05 AM

I signed up for the contest but never really went hunting - I'm lazy
I like this one, for me.

Planter 11-29-2008 11:36 AM

Not really a fair question!! I really needed to be able to vote yes on more than one choice.

lifesadrag 11-29-2008 11:46 AM

Is there an all of the above?
Actually my excuses are not on the list....
A) Location is bad:D
B) I still have a month and a half to bowhunt.

Washington Hunter 11-29-2008 11:51 AM

Where is the "We are as good or better than the Dark Horses. We simply didn't want to hurt your feelings by sending you to the Elmer's factory," option?

NY/Al 11-29-2008 04:00 PM

We rock!

sr77 11-29-2008 06:30 PM

Well.....unfortunately two of my teammates forgot to take the proper pics with there bows in the picture, therefore they were not counted. One scored around 140, the other around 130, plus we have one that hasn't been added to our total yet which was 100 plus in. So we would have been right there with ya, but......woulda, coulda, shoulda. What r ya gonna do. All in all my team did great just that two of my knucklehead teamates had a case of amnesia:D thats my excuse and I'm stickin to it.;)

Shane