Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50) >

Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Community

Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: RE:OfficalTeamDeathByLethalInjectionThread(50)

Nice buck! Close, if not a PY. Congratulations to your wife. You have your sights high. I have been out several times nothing but young bucks coming by. The rut is close here in the hill country of Texas, should be seeing some mature bucks in the next couple of weeks. Temp is supposed to be 29° in the morning.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell your wife congrats, that is one fine looking animal. (the buck) LOL. I can't even get my wife to look at a dead deer.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Spike

Congrats!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 PM

Thats awesome! I cant wait to get my wife out in the woods..she is very interested and it would be an honor to geta heck of a buck like that!
CONGRATS!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Spike

I had my chance Friday morning and couldn't close the deal. Gun season started Saturday, but I can still hunt using my bow. Hopefully I'll get another chance, but the with the clubs in the area running dogs, it's gonna be a challenge. Sorry I couldn't get us on the board.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 PM

There is no apology needed. We are a team and for some reason we are slacking at that. I haven't had much time to get out hunting because of the way my life has been going along with all the curve balls life has been throwing at me I'm surprised I have any time at all!
Gun season starts here in a couple of weeks and I'm not as thrilled as I should be. I usually always have my deer down and in the freezer by now but this year I am running real low on venison.
I have a few days coming to me soon and I plan on getting out there everyone of those days...regardless!
To the rest of you;
Good luck and just keep trying...its way to early to call this one, besides, the fun is only begining!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not feeling too sorry here. I nearly sealed the deal on a nice 10 point last Friday. Grunted him in to 60 yards, and that was all the closer he would get. I did, however, pass up on another nice 3.5 year old 10 point. I took some pics on my cell phone, but they dont' look that clear. Here is one of the trail cam pics of him.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Haven't been around much. Still going at it pretty hard in NY. Had a good chance last night at a 120ish 9 pointer that's been taunting me all season. Grunted him in from 150 yards. He came flying into 15 yards. I had a very small window and didn't want to force the shot. The wind swirled and caught his attention. He got kind of freaked out for awhile trying to wind me. Then it switched back in my favor and he seemed to disregard me but still knew something was up. I thought for a second he was going to turn broadside and head towards my lane, but he'd had enough and trotted back from where he came. If I have another 1.5 or 2.5 year old in bowrange I'm going to scream. Just can't seem to close the deal on a big boy.............. YET
Old 11-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Spike

I have a question for you guys that live up north and get to bow hunt regularly in the cold. How do you guys dress so that you stay warm in the stand, but don't have on so much on that you can't move to draw your bow. I've never bow hunted past the end of October in North Carolina, but since I'm in this contest (and hate to loose), I'm going to hit it several more times this season. I've got a few places scoped out and should have a good chance at seeing a shooter.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:38 PM

well first off, sry for no being round much..its gun season here in WI and I have been trying to hit it hard!
my hunting seasons have been pretty messed up this yr with money and personal probs. i will be lucky if i get a deer period! im sry guys?

as to the question from jc395:
I have hunted in the late season alot, i love it! the snow and the cold make it a very interesting hunt! i love hunting in the evening when i can see the moon light up the woods from he glow off the snow, itsgreat!
but i can only say one thing bout keeping warm; layers!
I always dress in a thin layer of clothing if walkin a long distance to a stand because it cuts down on sweating and u cant sit in a stand when ur freezing from inside because of hving sweat so much. when i get to my stand and it gets colder over time, then i add a layer...
some people have different styles because of various reasons....this way i know seems like alot of messin around, but if your dressed right from the get go and then bring the right kind of insulated clothing, you dont need to have a suitcase of clothes!
i have poor circulation in my body so this works for me even better because it helps me get my muscles movin for a sec or two....

how cold does it get where u hunt?

Quick Reply: Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.