Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rub Busters Thread (49) >

Official Team Rub Busters Thread (49)

Official Team Rub Busters Thread (49)

Old 10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Rub Busters Thread (49)

lol yea work does suck... i was hanging a new tree starp for my harness and when i took the old one off the hook droped to the ground so im facing the tree and i look down to see where it went then glance behind me. big doe 15 yards trying to figure out what made the noise but never looks up at me so i finish takeing the strap off and set it in my pocket then turn around slowly just to wtach her and make sure nothing else was there. she never seen me or smelled me since she was down wind of me. that really built my confidence and when my new bow comes in tomarrow ill prob take a few nights to get used to it and fling some arrows then ill be back out if i get done work early enough anyway good luck guys
Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 AM

got my bow sighted in yesterday. hopefully will get to sneak out after work a couple days this week. The property i hunt is behind my parents house and he told me that a he saw one of the bucks i got on the game camera and he is a 10 point now. So hopefully i will get to throw an arrow at him.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Spike

Well, I got to get out there this weekend, and I did see a mamma and her 3 babies, but that was it. We're going out again the weekend after next and hopefully it'll be a bit more productive.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't checked in lately guys. I was in Ohio 2 weeks ago now and on my second morning out I shot a doe and a small 6 point. Then on out third and final morning I had another buck at 20 yds for 20 mins but my tag was filled then out of no where a doe appeared so I smacked her. Wasnt sure what to expect as far as quality and quantity because we have neither here where I hunt in PA, but I really wish I woulda held out for a bigger buck because we def saw a few. But atleast I know what I can pass and what I can't for next year. I saw 1 doe and a buck that didn't pass the antler restrictions sat nite here in pa so I didn't get totally skunked opening day. I will get some pics posted here as soon as my g/f shows me how to do so. Also I guess I have to post my ohio buck in the contest since it was my first buck on the year, so I'll get his numbers on here ASAP. Good luck to the rest of ya, hopefully we can put a few on theboard.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

congrats tky hope to see a monster PA buck from you i know they are out there ive seen a few lol i got my new marquis in the mail today and will be sighting it in tomarrow ill be out again on wed night prob
Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

well i spent the last 3 days getting comfy with the new bow and i feel great with it now so its time to get back in the woods ill try to get out there tomarrow
Old 10-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

got out this afternoon but it was just a lil to warm out no deer
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM

been hunting hard since 10/4 first morning saw 1 spike and 6 doe
been hunting every night after work from 4pm till dark with not much luck
seen 2 doe total for after work hunts this full moon and warm temps are killing me
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

your not kiddin i cant wait for saturday its gonna be cold! lol took Thursday and Friday off for next week so i should be alright
Old 10-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Spike

Went out this weekend. I was the only lucky soul to see anything. I had 2 does pop their heads up over the hill top, with the one eyeballing me like no tomorrow. I heard a lot more coming my way and just when I thought I was gonna get lucky a gust of wind came from my back and blew directly towards her. She bolted, tail up, as did the entire hillside. And as I looked up, she made the opposite hillside come alive as well...and much to my surprise about 6 more deer who were headed right towards me popped up their tails and headed right back up that hill. Major disappointment. We'll be going out again the first two weekends in November, and then not again until the weekend before gun season. We're hoping something gives. It's been a rough go. No one's seeing anything where we hunt (public land) and it's totally out of the norm.

Well, happy hunting everyone!

Quick Reply: Official Team Rub Busters Thread (49)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.