Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47) >

Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Community

Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Old 09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

checking in! i talked to rob and since i was late checking into my team, he threw me on yalls team.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

deerhunter 515, saw your post on field dressing. Good information all around. I started out on my own when it comes to field dressing. Harvested first deer in September in 80 degree temps so I couldnt wait for someone to help. The internet is a good tool. When it comes down to it, it's pretty easy but it will probably take you awhile the first time. You basically make an incision from the upper chest down to the privates and anus and cut a circle around them (cut the hide first and then the skin so you don't knick the intenstines). Then you cut what's called the diaphram that holds all the organs in and the windpipe and everything comes loose and out. Then just rinse the body cavity with some water when you can. The most important thing is to try not to get pee or poop on the meat but if you do, just wash it with some water asap and all is well, so bring a milk jug with in the vehicle if you can. It took me 45 minutes the first time but now I can do it in 5-10.

As for the ground blind, I'd also seriously consider working with what you have or building one. A pit blind or a blind made out of some old pallets and camoed up with paint and branches and brush can be deadly if done right.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome childers! How big are all yalls bass down there? Okay, I can't really say yall maybe more like, oh, yeah, sure ya'betcha. But seriously, my 4 year old outdid me and caught a 5 pound largemouth this summer off the dock on his snoopy pole, a sunfish hook and wax work worm. He just kept yelling at me to get the net!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ya'll got a captain yet?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 PM

yes we do rob...codyguess is our el capitan...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

my biggest bass this season was probably around 12pounds but she shook me at the shore! thats the problem with the big ones, i play them to much and something bad happens. but on one of the properties i hunt, there is this one buck the sixe of a small horse lol. the only probably i have is getting within distance. the closest i have ever gotten to it is maybe 60-70 yards. its a monster!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to hook up with one of those 12's. I have a tournament coming up in two weeks, then another one in Oct and that's it for the year (as far as tourneys go). I'll fish year round as long as the waters not hard and since you can't hunt on Sunday in the lovely Commonwealth of Va, I fish!

I'm ready for our Oct 4th opener. Only decision is which property to hunt. I plan on taking the week of Oct 13th off and hunt the QDM property. I dove hunted there Friday and saw 3 nice 8pts in the fields around 3p. Landowner doesn't allow hunting the fields since he has major food plots going on, but now that he's taking on bow hunting he may change the rules. We'll see.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

my seasonstarts this coming SATURDAY!! and i can hunt any day of the week! i have my own truck this year, so ill be hunting atleast 4 times a week probably
yeah down here in georgia there are some big bass, you dont find them, they find you! the ones that are visible are just about guaranteed to bite anything you throw at them. fishing, hunting, and trucks are like all i do lol
Old 09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 47 Thread

we need to get some conversation goin on this thing guys. my season opens in 2 days cant wait to get out in that tree again
Old 09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team 47 Thread

Here we go boys......1 day away!!!!

Too bad for me, I have to shoot a doe first before I'm eligible for a buck tag. Damn Earn-a-buck. So tomorrow is all about whacking a doe for me. Hopefully I can get her out of the way early on in the season. I had that problem last year. I didn't have a buck tag, and of course, the only thing that came in range were bucks. Good problem to have I guess, but it feels really wierd getting that "doe fever" instead of "Buck Fever" I was getting to the point last year where I almost didn't want to see a buck because I knew I couldn't do anything with him.

Good luck Everyone!

Quick Reply: Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.