Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47) >

Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Community

Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 47 Thread

i like scilent blood that has my vote
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Spike

That name works for me, but we should probably spell it right. Silent Blood. I think we can still do better, but that is the best one so far.

Where are the rest of our teammates? For the rest of you, Where are you all hunting?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 AM

well idk where everybodys at but im here
im going to be hunting in paw paw illinois...the guy has a pine timber in the middle of some wild prarie which also holds alot of pheasants...so im going to try there this year...how bout everybody else???
Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Whoever wants to be captain is fine with me. Again in central Minnestota and doing most of my hunting there. I am good with the name too. Hope more people check in soon.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Checking in guys...been too busy over Labor Day weekend salmon fishing on Lake Michigan to check these forums!

I'm hunting in Michigan (my dads 3 parcels totaling about 200 acres). I can't wait to get out there with my bow!

I'm okay with any team name and alright with whoever you guys want to be captain...I'm not a picky person one bit!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all....I'm checking in. Was out of town for the weekend camping at some new property to hunt (600 acres of some promising property). Here's my suggestion for a name....Whack'em N Track'em....whaddaythink?

While scouting this new property, first evening I counted 40 deer in about 6 different fields. Saw 5 bucks, some with tall racks and all still in velvet. Couldn't count points cause I was just glassing the fields trying to figure out where they're entering. Next night I moved in closer and jumped a tall 6 pt. Didn't see a single rub from last year. This was horse property so the fences are a bit high, looks like the deer are passing through open gates, downed fence and/or under in some low spots. I think I found a decent spot and plan on being there opening day October 4th.

I've been bowhunting for 24 years and hunt private property and military bases (retired Coast Guard). We practice QDM at 2100 acres on the private property. Bucks must be 8 pts or better. Last year I didn't kill any bucks there, but did take 5 does with my bow. Saw plenty of 4's and 6's and shooters out of range. So, this year may be better.

Anyway...good luck to all

Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Also, I'm hunting in Virginia....
Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

my name is casey i live in wisconsin. hunt on private land. 187 acres alot of bucks. 80 or hard woods 87 of swamp. only me and my buddy get to hunt in. (his father owns it does hunt but not often) hunt very hard. like i always say cant kill them if you arent out there. this land i hunt in is outaigamie county. if you would like to know anything else about me just ask...and with the team caption thing i could care less who does it lol. also i do like the name whack em and track em.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

fenrick where are you from in wisconsin?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Spike

Huntinman23- I'm originally from Campbellsport, so I had the whole Norther Unit of the Kettle Moraine in my back yard. Talk about some good hunting out there, given you know where to go to get away from the people.

With my job now, I live and work in Madison and will probably be staying down here for quite a while. I've found some land down here that hasa lot of promise. Last year I saw some really nice deer.

For everyone else, Whack em and Track em sounds great. I say we go with that. As far as captain goes, it sounds like nobody really cares who it is, so if there is someone that has been captain for a different contest that knows the ropes, I'd be really nice if they just do it for us.

Quick Reply: Official Team Whackem & Trackem Thread (47)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.