Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 12-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Chuck, that is crazy with the regulations where you live. If there isn't that many deer around they should limit gun season and extend bow season. Guess that's law makers for ya [&:]

I went out on Sat morning with the shotgun and saw6 early (2 small bucks)then I had my brother drive the big woods to me and he ran about 20 more to me. A lot of small bucks and one pieball (sp), I should have shot her to get her out of the herd (bad genes). One good thing about this shotgun season is that I'm really seeing how the deer are moving, With the leaves all gone I can see places I wasn't able to see while I was bow hunting. So before the end of the seaon I'm gonna try some new spots.

We did find a small deer carcus, no head so I couldn't tell what it was. That makes 2 dead now, one in the woods and one near the street (road kill). The other guy who has permission, did see a doe with an arrow stuck out of her neck, and earlier in the season my brother sawa doe witha badlimp (looked like an arrow to the shoulder). So maybe it was one of them. Either way I think we have a strong herd roaming around my woods.

6th place isn't bad. Lets see if we can move up a few more spots...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Just got back from the weekend of wind I'll call it....saw nothing but does at last light except for yesterday, which was calm.

I actually picked up my muzzleloader so I could shoot a doe and wouldn't ya know a 100 inch 8 pt comes out 30 yards, still checking for does. He stays there itching himself, and licking..not worried at all. I watched him with binocs and know where he likes to bed and travel. I saw him about a month ago bed down right behind one of my stands. So I plan of going back out this weekend for another long weekend. I saw some other non shooters. A nice 6 and a fork horn, but we havean AR so I can't shoot'em yet, which I like anyway. I hope some of the big boys made it through rifle...time will tell.

Good luck to you Chuck,Matt, and KSfowlerwith your firearms season.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks ..
Here 's what happeneded Sat..I was watching a water hole last Sat..fo rhogs..I caught a glimpse of something brown to my left..at 7;00 AM ..yep..a decent buck.. first of the year.I had no shooting window..[&o][&o]He scooted away..I 'll be ready if he comes by again..
Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to every one going out today if any.
I think my spot got messed up pretty bad this weekend, i was driving by the neigboring ground which is where the deer bed and some one was walking through it with a rifle in tow. i should had stayed there and watched because i am fairly certain he would had shot any thing that went on the ground that i have permission on. i think that only me and my uncle have permission to deer hunt there. i have not seen a deer come out of those trees since. i am only seeing half the deer that i had been seeing and they are on the other end of the property. not much you can do.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Been pretty quiet lately. I've been busy shotgun hunting and pretty much seeing small bucks and doe. Hopefully make it out with my bow after Christmas. Anyone else been out lately?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not deer hunted since i shot mine back in November. my dad and i almost got a nice 9 point with our pick up last week if we had not locked the breaks up he would have center punched our grill. the only hunting i have been doing is waterfowl.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Things are slowing down around here . Have been saving a few stand for between christmas and the new year ,A few friends come down for a 2 day hunt.
should be good we got a foot of snow last night and expect another in a few days tokeep the deer moving.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and play safe over the holidays.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Just checked the score board and a mear 30 inch will push us all the way to 4 ,We gota have sombody still in the game!!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish i could have crossed paths with this guy. He will be a good one next season if he made it through rifle season.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice deer pic for sure,,
Well, I'vesure seen the deer this year..I saw a total of 9 last year.,.I'm up to 12 so far this year..This morning I had a deer {Too dark to see } walking in circles around my tree..Last week I saw a good sized buck ..but my stand was pointed in the wrong direction...we can only kill bucks..Only saw one buck so far..

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.