Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 11-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Nice deer that thing looks like a horse. Looks like you had a fun time dragging him out. Congrats. Good job on the hog chuck, did you shoot it with a bow or rifle. that is somthing that i want to hunt one of these days.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Steve!!!! Congrats on that nice buck. Looks like a cold day payed off for ya. Can't wait to hear all about the kill. Looking forward to the score!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

That's now 4 on the board. Lets keep it going!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is hard to judge by the picture but it looks like a 120 to 130 class deer maybe more. that would put us around 3rd place. it is a perfect time to blindside them all.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

30-30 [&:]I called a buck in today with a grunt call and watched 3 turkey sfor a long time..but on this piece of property it is hogs only..Our bow season ended in the first week of October..I'll be out deer hunting tomorrow for deer with rifle..

Congrats on all thise bow kills..you guys are awesome..The lastdeer should put us up there pretty farn good..
Old 11-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

The deer are far and few between for me this season , Have got out most weekend and a few nights after work and you could count the number of deer I saw on on hand .
After a 2 week gun hunt (just ended a week ago)and a report they shot 7 deer out of this section of woods my hopes where not high.
Cold weather sure helps get the deer out in the daylight but it is a double edge sword ,I came close to givin it up at 9.30 but decided to tough it out till 10 dam good thing to
I am very pleased with this old buck ,He field dressed at 196lb but I don't think he will score better than a 110 . Have to wait and see he is in a cooler at my buddys house to keep him from freezing he gets checked out on tuesday night.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Spike

Congrats Steve!! Nice buck. I got out Saturday and was not happy after walking out of the woods. My brother and i have this piece of property that we normally rifle hunt. It is about 1 1/2 hours from the house. After missing a good buck last year i was determined to get one this year. So i have been bowhunting their instead of rifle. It was bitter cold on Saturday so i figured with the rut kicked in and the temps that they would be moving. We got their in the dark and got set up right away. No stands on this property yet; so it was all from the ground.
Any way did not see a thing. Even the squirrels were no where to be found. After about 4 1/2 hours, i can see my brother heading toward me from where we parked. I grabbed my stuff and met him on the path. He said " I have something to show you, and your gonna be pissed". Any way on the way back to the truck he points out a nice fresh scrape and thinking that was it we get back to the truck, and then he points out the real pisser...2 gut piles, genitalia still attached. We thought we were the only ones with permission to hunt here, my brother thinks it may have been the property owner. That is 3 bucks taken here. My brother shot a big 8 there last year, same day i missed mine.

Any way season is not over yet. I will try again Tues and Wed afternoon in a bowhunt only area near my house.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Killer Steve!! This is awesome, everyone is getting a buck down.

What a great body on that deer, can't wait to see what he measured. I am gonna have to get back out there after turkey day now that rifle ends tomorrow, should be getting back to normal patterns with the next few weeks...can't wait.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure there are other bucks around Jack. It's only a matter of time before one more buck takes his place.

I went out today, the last bow hunt before shotgun season begins. I only saw a small 4 point. Maybe we will cross paths again in a year or two. After gun season I'm hitting the bow only public land, because I figure they'll need some place to hide from the war that will be going on around them.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went pheasant hunting this weekend and stumbled upon a dandy little spot. It is the last place i would have thought to find deer sign but it was everywhere. it is only a 2 acre lot between soybeans and milo we found countless scrapes and a few rubs and one was a real nice one. i plan on putting a trail camera up after thanksgiving so other hunters dont find it. the only problem is that most of the trees arent much taller than my tree stands and they are all young and almost half of it is used by a oil company to store salt water from there wells so there is always someone back there. i will have pictures next week some time if i get any.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.