Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Nice deer. Congrats!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Great Job!!! I hope to do the same later this week. Can't wait to hear about it.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We go a tape on him and we rough scored him at 115. not bad for a main frame 6 point.
my morning started out with me getting to the stand an hour before sunup but when i got there i could see a dark figure under my stand i was like great the deer are already out feeding so i stand there and the deer walks out in the corn. so i walk up to my stand and the deer takes off running through the corn i figured my day was done but i hunted anywhy. i get situated in my tree and about 15 minutes later i hear something walking through the grass across the road. it stops and then i hear this weird sound and a tree being rubbed. i was kind of excited because i have never heard a deer rubbing a tree before. it stops after a couple minutes and then i hear walking again and next thing i know a deer is walking across the road right towards me but it was to dark to tell how big he was. so he walks in my furthest shooting lane and the yard light from the gun range across the road shines on his antlers i was like great i have a nice buck at 20 yards and i dont have my bow up so he gets a free pass. he walked out in the corn and ate for 5 minutes and slowly started back my way. he got about 30 yards out i get my bow up and he gets to 20 yards and i draw he walks into my shooting lane at 10 YARDS i grunt twice to get him to stop he does and i shot i hit him high and to far back (i guess i flinched) he takes off running i heard a crash and silence after that. i get down and looked for blood but it wasnt real good so i went and got my dad and brother and we pick the trail back up and trailed him for about 70 yards and lost the trail so we just started blindly looking and my brother finds blood along the bank of a pond and as i look up i saw something that looked like a deer i looked again and sure enough he piled up on the side of the pond and fell in and all you could see was half the rack and his shoulder so we drug him out and went and told the neighbor that we were going to drive in and get the deer and the rest is history. sorry for the long post i am still excited.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats ,,,great deer!! Hey partner,
what kind of bow is that?? It looks like an older bow..nice story,
C7
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 AM

Nice...great story. I am stoked to get back in the woods now. Congrats again, very nice deer.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck that bow is a Parker Buck Hunter it is only 3 years old. it does look out dated compared to the newer ones out there. but it is lightning fast and accurate. Good Luck to all that are going out. The final score on the deer was 120 not bad for my first bow kill.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

The final score on the deer was 120 not bad for my first bow kill.
Awesome man!!! Someone needs to notify the moderator og the contest ..we are now in 6th place.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Ksfowler, Conrats!!!!

As you all know I've been seeing tons of Doe this year and well I was doing some thinking. Soon shotgun season is going to mess up everything, cold weathers coming, so I probably have about a month of hunting left, So I decided to take this little 7 pointer this morning. I'd rather have something on the board then nothing.

The Story:
About 9 am I saw him walking the bottom, so I did some grunting and he walked right up to me. About a broadside 30 yard shot went though his shoulder, snaped it like a twig. He fell about50 yards later. No monster, but it's on public land that is heavy with hunters. With my luck of only seeing Does lately, I was thinking I'll never see another buck this year.

I'll have a score in a day or so. Anything is better then nothing.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

OK so we have 3 on the board. Lets keep it going!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer Kreagerm.
We should realy move up in the standings now with three deer down we might be around 6th place. keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.