Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Hey everybody,
I needed to get away from work so i spent the entire day in the woods. Picked up my brother around 4 for the hour drive to our usual rifle spot (the only thing missing for this spot is no stands). I missed a big 8pt last year and was hoping he would still be there. So once there i set up my decoys and sprinkled the Tinks on their tails. I sat for a few minutes and saw a doe way off and not coming anywhere near me. Then nothing for an hour or more. I used the "can" a few times still nothing. Then i tried spraying the Buck Bomb. and within 3 minutes i had a big bodied 4 pointer. I think he saw me, although it looked like he wasn't sure, he just kind of turned and walked away before offering ant type of shot. The 2 bucks i have taken have both been 4pt. I want another try at the 8!!! We took a short break around 11 and went back in by 12:30 and saw only turkeys for the next 4 hours.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from hunting this morning. i saw 6 deer only one was a buck and a small one at that. The first deer came in right at shooting time and i have no idea where she came from i just looked down and there she was 10 yards away. we had some rain last night so it made for some very quiet walking i guess that is how she slipped in undetected. the buck had two points on one side and thew were about 2 inches long and a 6 inche spike on the other. i also saw 2 more does and 2 fawns. i was hoping to see something a little bigger but you cant complain when you see deer.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 AM

Rob entered our score. He came up w/ 155 3/8, which seems more accurate. I thought that deer looked a bit bigger, but it's hard to tell in pics. Great Job Brittany.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

That is indeed a great score!!! Been pretty busy lately. Hoping to get out this Sat. The deer surely have been moving a lot lately. So I'm hoping to have a nice one pass by. I've been on a dry buck run here of late, hoping that ends soon.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this weekend. dont know if i will go or not if i do it will be sunday morning. i have only seen two shooter bucks since the begining of october. one was dead on our lease and the other one was out wandering around. i have seen 3 bucks while hunting. none of them are "shooters".
Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 PM

Good luck to all going out this weekend...should be a great weekend to get out. I'm leaving next wed thru wed...only 2 days bowhunting before I lay into them w/ a rifle, but I have to get in there for 2 days prior to the shots so I can catch them in there normal patterns. I'm itching to get back out, the big boys are a movin'.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob entered our score. He came up w/ 155 3/8, which seems more accurate. I thought that deer looked a bit bigger, but it's hard to tell in pics. Great Job Brittany.

Great Score!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

No hunting for me today,we went out to a refuge to try to find some geese to hunt. on the way out there we saw some big bucks. the first one was right across the road from where i hunt. the other ones were out by the refuge. one was a total monster his tines were very long and he had alot of them. it was the kind of buck you dream about shooting. another one was an eight point that was actully on the refuge with a smaller buck he was all beaten up but was still big. the last one was out in some grass with a doe and he was pretty big. it was a pretty good morning except for the fact that we could not find any farmers to get permission to get the geese off there fields.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Hey hey everyone... I'm still here! Good and bad news. Bad news is I haven't even SEEN a deer while in the woods so far. Good news is I'm slinging arrows with the bad shoulder and I tracked a deer for about three hours yesterday up & down the side of a mountain and I wasn't wearing my foot brace. Yesterday was rough, but today I feel half decent. I get the results ofmy MRI tomorrow (I think I'll be good news).I'll be going out again next Saturday, hopefullI'll have some better news for you guys!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just like that my season is done....

i will post the score and story later.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.