Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

how many guys we got still hunting ,
Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Spike

Steve,

I still have 4 weeks of a season left. I have 3 days off this week to do stuff around the house, but i am planning on hitting the woods as well.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Shot gun season started up on Sat. I hunted my one property where I see tons of deer but large bucks are tough to find there. I've seen them during the off season but since Bow season started they have been in hiding. Well I hunted all day and saw about 30 deer. But the promising thing was the 6 bucks I saw. Mostly 6 and 4 points. This is encouraging for next year. I think during the off season I'm gonna start a corn pile with a trail cam so I can see what we really have going on, on that property.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

There must be a big one , I have gone most years with not seeing 30 deer during hunting season .
only saw about 15 so far this season and it started oct 1 .
Old 12-02-2008, 10:16 AM

I still have 45 days and shall be hunting for close to two weeks of that...

Leaving this Friday for four days, as last weekend I was not able to go.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some one needs to PM Rob because he skipped Steve's deer and the one before that. Good luck to all that are going out. our rifle season opened today i dont know who would venture out in this weather at 11 oclock this morning it was 30 degrees and had a 35 mile hour wind. that would take the fun right out of hunting.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Dominant Buck

how many guys we got still hunting ,
Steve ..

ours ended the 1st week in Oct..[:'(]
Our firearm goes through Jan..5th..Been seeing some does , turkeys and a few hogs..We can only shoot bucks here in Florida
Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the deer herd like down in Florida Chuck? that is really weird that you can only get bucks and it is so short.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sure Rob will go back and check out all the submissions, he probably has a method he likes to follow. I'll give him somemore time.

I know the big ones are there, I did see 4 nice ones during the season but only because I stumbled onto them, while they were bedded. And they wasted no time in getting out of dodge.

We have so many deer where I live, it's crazy. I had one herd of 10 come by on sat. 3 small bucks and the rest little doe. Then I get the wandering smaller bucks and does. I'm actually going hunting tomorrow with my muzzleloader. I think I'm gonna just walk to a spot I never been to before, all in the dark, find a tree and see what happens. One thing about the deer around my way is that they just wander through the woods, so trails are not a concern. So it's pretty easy to walk in the dark, find a tree and climb it. It seems that I have the best luck when I do that.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

What is the deer herd like down in Florida Chuck? that is really weird that you can only get bucks and it is so short.
Ksfowler

It's weird man...We can shoot 2 bucks a day. I have only seen 8 does all season..They were under my stand..

Our season
5 weekends of archery..over now..mostly in September..

General gun..everyday from Nov. 8th to Jan. 4th..

Our deer herd is terrible. Our WMA is 25 square miles..SO far in 3 months ..there have been 13 deer killed and 33 hogs..

I'm really proud of our 6th place standing and am very sorry I could not contribute..I'll be in my stand tomorrow..I'm in a thick water hole where i know hogs are active..

Keep up the good wotk guys..and gals.
C7

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.