Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Chuck good catch I'll send Rob a PM. Thanks and you're right that is a thumper.

Good luck tomorrow guys!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the long post i had to vent.
Well i tried to get my deer permit today after class and let me tell you that was an experience. to start things off i go to the sportings good section at Wally world and the lady asked me what i needed so i said that i needed an Res. Any season deer permit (it can be used for all the deer seasons state wide) and when i said this she says archery or rifle and i say that is not needed to get my permit since it covers all season so she says so it is for rifle then i say no it is for every thing so if i makes you happy archery. so i hand her my hunting licence so she can record my info. and when she goes to print the permit the printer sends a message saying it is not authorized to print this. i was starting to get a little angry at the incompitents and the wonders of technology. so after she tries again and fails the other lady that works back there tried and could not get it to work so they called the headquarters of the dept. of wildlife and parks so they could fix it but they could not say anything unless it was to management so we got the Asset. Manager down there and he talks to them and tries to do what they say but the printer goes haywire and prints everything but my permit and by that time i had been there for 30 minutes and was late for work. at that point i was like i will stay there for as long as possible just to get my permit. then the manager tells me to go to another walmart so they can print my permit but the nearest store is 40 minutes away. and i was thinking this is real conveniant all i wanted was a simple peice of paper saying i could shoot a deer. so to make a long story a little shorter i was there and hour and five minutes and i still dont have a permit. i think this is a sign.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! That stinks..I buy mine about 30 days in advance in case stuff like this happens..Sorry to hear that man..

I made myself read 15 chapters of Luke this morning..I knew it would do me good and keep in quiet in the stand..Sure enough ..I was finished at 11:00 LOL

Early I heard a hog squeal..At the foot of the trail going in I met another hunter.He said his name was Nick..Anyway..a real nice guy and we were hunting the opposite side of the trail.He must have left about 9:30 AM because i heard a deer blowing for 200 yds and running in my direction.When she got within 100 yds of me..it was quiet ...

Someone wrote a while ago that if after 3 sitting you aint seen nothing ..then move.Well, I moved my stand and plan to be out there tomorrow morning. The place I moved to has deer ..I've seen them and heard them..I got my shooting windows ready and my climber is out there hangin..

C7
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Man ksfowler that is a bummer. I'm sure it's not a sign of things to come, it's just a sign that some people are, well you know, LOL.

Chuck, Sounds like you have a game plan. Good Luck

Went out this morningand I decided to take the Muzzleloader because this was the last day for a buck with the early shortmuzzleloader season. Well I knew it wasn't gonna be good because of the bright nights we've been having since Monday. Sure enough when I pulled into the field were I park there were 2 Doe already bedded down. I'm like "great this is not going to be good". So as I approach my tree, I have to walk along the orchard field and sure enough another deer bedded, jumps up and takes off. So, to sum it up, I didn't see a single deer while in the tree. I wish this moon would go away or maybe a low pressure system could move in and block it out [:@]

Going back out on Monday with my bow, hope I have better luck.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!! That stinks..I buy mine about 30 days in advance in case stuff like this happens..Sorry to hear that man..
I think i will consider that lesson learned. what really made me mad was that they had been having problems with it for two days so they could have atleast said it may or may not work that would have saved me alot of time and trouble. I guess i will have to go back to buying them off the internet at home and print them off on printer paper and hope it doesnt get wet.

Man Chuck it sounds like you are having some pressure were you hunt i guess that could be a good or bad thing. sounds like you have found a good spot good luck in the morning i am guessing it will go better. Well Kreagerm the new moon is in 10 days so it should start getting darker. I think i will go out Wednesday night since it is suppose to be cool and raining and the weather man said that he would not rule out a few snow flakes mixed in. so those deer will be wanting corn and i know where they can find it.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Man Chuck it sounds like you are having some pressure were you hunt
Yeah they allow 700 hunters aday..[][&o]

i guess that could be a good or bad thing. sounds like you have found a good spot good luck in the morning i am guessing it will go better.
man I hope so..Tomorrowis the last day of archery..[:-][]it's so sad it's hilarious..
Have a good season..I'm planning on sitting till 12:00 tomorrow..

Something told me to take a couple of practice shots when I got home today....I'm glad I did..[8D]my rest had come lose and it was shooting low..She'sgoood now ...

It's been good to be part of such a positive team,
Chuck7
Old 10-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow your season is over already that seems really short. not trying to rub it in but my season goes untill the end of december.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

Wow your season is over already that seems really short. not trying to rub it in but my season goes untill the end of december.
No doubt, that is a very short season.

not going to rub it in either but my season goes from Sept 15 - Jan 31.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put out my trail cam today on a promising spot. it is a scrape that is about 4 feet long 2 feet wide and it is a good 4 inches deep. i am fairly certain most deer in the area are using it. there are tracks everywhere. the best part is i have a stand 5 yards from it that we put up last year. i think if i can get my permit tomarrow with out any difficulty i will hunt it tuesday morning.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

I put out my trail cam today on a promising spot. it is a scrape that is about 4 feet long 2 feet wide and it is a good 4 inches deep. i am fairly certain most deer in the area are using it. there are tracks everywhere. the best part is i have a stand 5 yards from it that we put up last year. i think if i can get my permit tomarrow with out any difficulty i will hunt it tuesday morning.
Sounds like you have a great spot picked out. The best part is that the stand has been there a year, so they will be used to it being there. Can't wait to hear what you see out of this stand. I hope the printers are working when you try to get your stamp

I couldn't make it out today because work needed me. That's OK, the next time I make it out this moon issue will be resolved [8D]

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.