Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Good luck Chuck. I bet 4:15 comes awfuly fast.

My season starts monday i dont think i will go though i dont really wont to put up with the heat and the skeeters that and i dont know if i would see any i know i wont see a buck it is just to early. one of my spots wont get good untill the cousin gets his corn cut, that will force the deer to do something instead of sitting under the irrigation system living the good life.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

No luck for me today. Only saw 3 Doe .

Can't wait to hear from everyone else who went out.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just sent your teammate DoePeeSteve on his way. He was in for a wedding. He shoulder is doing well and we set up his new bow. He is now tearing up the vitals on my block all the way out to 50. We also went and shot out of treestands today. He is in the process of moving and changing jobs, he wanted me to let you all know that he is doing well and Will be ready when the antlers come down his trail on Oct. 4th.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Just sent your teammate DoePeeSteve on his way. He was in for a wedding. He shoulder is doing well and we set up his new bow. He is now tearing up the vitals on my block all the way out to 50. We also went and shot out of treestands today. He is in the process of moving and changing jobs, he wanted me to let you all know that he is doing well and Will be ready when the antlers come down his trail on Oct. 4th.
Thanks for the heads up Ben. Sounds like Steve is doing a lot better and looking forward to opening day. I bet he is counting down the days till the 4th.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

How's everyone doing? Did we see anything over the weekend? Lets hear some details???
Old 09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well today is opening day and i didnot even think about deer hunting. it was only 85 degrees out and very windy. that and the guys at the gun range that is across from one of my spots started there fall shooting routine when ever i even think about hunting that spot they are out shooting i guess that will help me more than it hinders me though with all that human scent floating around and all of the noise the deer will get use to. that spot is just to good to pass up even with all the human presence. i did see a deer when i was driving home from fishing though (i hammered the bluegill and bass at my grandpas pond).
Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Didn't go out of the weekend, have easily over 200 chigger bites all over my body, gonna let those heal up.But will be going out probably for a hopefully four days next week, will have to wait and see.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the shooting...after a while the deer will adjust. On a few public spots the best spots I have found were nestled right behind the gun range. Not that I enjoy hereing rounds discharging all day, but I got a doe late season right behind the gun range and missed another[:'(]

Chuck, I read your post on the bowhunting forum....sucks to have guys walk up on you, I used to deal with that all the time and it takes the wind right out of your sail. Just find a closer spot, sometimes the further you walk the more people you see. I have had good luck 300 yards from both a road and camp b/c the pressure was deeper in the woods....just a thought.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Geez....I need to proof read my posts. I promise I not an absolute retard.

Hereing aka hearing, not to mention the random typo's...need sleep [&:]
Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the heads up on Steve ... sounds as if he is getting back into the grove. I just hope it doesn't become a rut!

Went out for several days and had an encounter with two large bucks.
By 9:35am I had slowly stalked to an area that had small white acorns dropping and wondered silently "when will I see the larger acorns?"

A few more feet, I looked at the ground and sure enough, there weremany two inch white acorns laying on theleaves from last years autumnat my feet. I contemplated on placing a few in my pocket ... I stood there in silence staring at the ground when I heard a noise of "something" moving down the ridge, at a rather fast pace right at me.I paused momentarily, release in place, and saw two large bucks in velvet headin' for the acorns I was standing in the midst of.

Upon my arrival, at that very spot, I could tell that deer had moved through the areagulping the delicacy several hours before my stalk.
Were these the hungry animals thathad visited natures buffet hours before, coming back to get one last sample of natures bounty before retiring?

Alarge white oak tree stood in between me and their quick pace and hid any movement I might make to sign their death warrant. Just as that thought passed, the lead deer applied the brakes ... at 22 yards from the tip of my broadhead. His tail shooked, not with delight; I'm sure.

Then I heard the familiar foot stomp, not once, not twice, but three times.
I was busted for sure.
They wheeled aroundanddisappeared in the direction of thick foilage from the fall leaves that had yet to fall.

A memorable hunt, none the less. Most of the deer activity was early morning. Most of the water holes have dried up, but what is standing in deep pools have sufficed this far. A friends (Alex) lake, has fallen andhasprobably less than three feet of water left.

Can't wait to get back in the hunt ...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Darryl it sounds like you have been seeing some nice deer. I'm sure one will go down soon. I plan on hitting the woods tomorrow, hopefully I have great news for everyone. We need to get this team on the board.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.