Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nameless Assassins Thread (45) >

Official Team Nameless Assassins Thread (45)

Community

Official Team Nameless Assassins Thread (45)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 45 Thread

gplant- Sorry to hear that I know how you feel.. Keep on them!!! There is a bigger one going to come your way! Looks as if a team mate is out looking for a buck this morning? I wish him the best of luck!!- and cant wait to see what's up.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Huntinlady

gplant- Sorry to hear that I know how you feel.. Keep on them!!! There is a bigger one going to come your way! Looks as if a team mate is out looking for a buck this morning? I wish him the best of luck!!- and cant wait to see what's up.
THANKS A LOT Huntinlady!!!! I sure hope so!!!! You got to post your Buck and Storyup on the bowhunting thread!!!!! That sure is a nice Buck!!!You should also go over to bowhunting.com and post it there as well. They would LOVE to see it!!!!
Saddly DT didnt find his Buck[&o]
Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thats tooooo bad for him. They are realy going to town on his post. I say WE LIVE AND WE LEARN. (sometimes not the way we want to learn)... Rainy days are a no no around here! I hope he finds him.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Cool pic and video. Go and get him. I took my boy the other morning and we were so close!! It was an nice eight and he had his pin settled and little finger on his release and was getting ready to squeezing on the trigger, but the buck seen some movement when he was pulling back he was also down wind of us, he spooked and jumped off a little only about 5 or 6 yards, but that put him about 26 yards out and angled away from us. We never got another close shot. The buck was chasing a doe around and just chased her across the creek. We must not have spooked him much cause they they ran about 30 yards out a couple of times. I tried to grunt but he was just on her!! We also seen another doe that was being chased by two other bucks. Alot of chasing going on in my neck of the woods. It was a great morning in the woods turkeys going crazy and some good rutting action going on!! We will give it another try real soon. Just 1 more milla second and he would have been down! So close but yet so far away!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL- KEEP AT THEM GUYS!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Oh and I for got- I had seen a buck about 2 weeks ago and I told my other half that" I had seen an eight that was still in velvet!" He just thought I was crazy, but the other morning he seen him!!! Still in velvet!( I just thought you guys would like to hear that little tid bit.)
Old 11-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys a little update from my neck of the woods bucks are running all over!!! I got some video of the buck in velvet I cant see what he or she may have going on down there. Seen him or her on saterday and sunday took the little man and he just came out of range for him. We will give it another shot soon. Have'n some fun times in the woods right now!! Ill check back to see whats going on in yall's neck of the woods later. Go team go!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Buck down...hopefully have the pics and story up in the next day or so. Its a pretty good buck for around here, and one of my biggest.
Shot it around 4pm last night. Its an 8 or 9 point depending on how you look at it. The 9th point is only about 1/2"long....enough for a ring to hang on.
Not sure of official rules...someone told me it has to be 1"Lg to count using the B&C scoring system. Not sure about P&Y.

Approx guess on measurements (I'm sitting at work typing this).....
Brow tines are around 5-6 inches, G2's and G'3 are all around 6-8 inches, OS spread around 14".
The guys at the butcher apparently are pretty good at aging deer by their teeth. They said it was a 3-1/2 year old deer.

More to come as soon as I can......More points for the Assassins!

Don
Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Spike

Congrats Huntinglady, Nice Bucky, Been out a million times, had couple does under me at dark , took a shot at dark at a nice buck hit him front shoulder , arrow broke off when he went by a tree no blood nothing , i"ll just keep huntin.

Quick Reply: Official Team Nameless Assassins Thread (45)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.