Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9) >

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Community

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

SO far nothing guys. NO bucks sighted from stand. But the season is just starting to get good here I beleive. I will post if anything exciting happens.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

I let a small 7 point go yesterday. I know theres bigger bucks in the area. I have 3 scrapes on my right and 2 scrapes on the left of my main stand.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Went out over the last weekend and saw a decent 130-140" buck but he will walk if he comes by. The crops in Illinois are still in almost everywhere,making it difficult to see any bucks moving. I am heading over there again soon, I will keep ya'll updated. This year has been slower than normal though....Very frustrating .... [:@]
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

I thought tonight was my night but no avail. I had the big boy at 55 yards and he had other ideas. Close but no cigar...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Late night was a great night weather wise .but the deer weren't playing . I saw one fawn and heard two small bucks sparing .
Old 11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but we got back from our IL hunt last sat. and its been hectic since, 2 of the guys in our group there were 8 of us killed nice 130" deer and I shot the biggest buck of my life. I have been sick for two weeks now, I shot him on the first afternoon of our hunt and we let him lay over night because itwas right at dark when I shot and I wasn't sure of the shot. The next morning we did find blood and were able to stay on it for close to a mile, the deer never laid down in all this time so we were all a little worried. Then the blood just quit in the second crp field we tracked him into. We then grid searched for two days with no luck so needless to say I am heartbroken. He has a double main beam on his right side and probably scores in the mid 150"s with all the character you could ask for in a buck. I did get a little video of him before the shot but can't figure out how to post it, if anyones willing to help pm your email address and I'll mail the vid. to you. I'll try to post some of the other kill pics for you guys soon as I can I believe there were 8 killed in camp that week with a couple of slammers.

Thanks Trae
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Fl,
Sorry to hear that... That is a horrible thing to go through... maybe they will find him later on down the road. Hope your season progresses with success...
I am heading to Pike tonight for the weekend. Finally the weather tempsare dropping down big time and this should kick those mature bucks into gear. i am praying for a good weekend...Wish me luck! I will keep you updated.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck DeerSlayer here are some pics of a couple of the best bucks they killed while I was there.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

x

Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

x

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.