Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9) >

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

WOW..... been a LONG time since I posted... my appologies. What a wild journey thus far. I am out of commision for awhile ... This past weekend my foot got messed up pretty bad. Here's the story.
I was taking care of my folks place while they were in Cali and a cat got killed and I was burrying it for them. I just got finished and stepped on a stub of a horse weed and it went through my shoe and into my foot. It was the worst pain I have ever felt! I limped to the ouse and took off for the ER... I was diagnosed with a puncture wound but told them that it felt as if something was stuck in my foot. They told me it probably felt that way because of nerve damage... A week later I go back to my regular doctor and he tells me that he suspects that something IS in there. UGH! haha SO today I went to the plastic surgeon who cut my foot open and pulled out a 1/2" peice of wood and now I am bandaged up ... needless to say I havent been able to hunt for over a week. I am going nuts.I will be on here more often now though and will be posting my Pictures of deer and stands next week. I have some good pics to share so keep checking ... Sorry fellas, I will be back at it next weekend though!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

OUCH DeerSlayer. Hope ya heal fast.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

No pain no gain , its a long season . Get better and then kill something..........cause I sure as hell ain't.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

My hunt starts this Sat. the 25th in the land of lincoln hope my luck changes and one of those golden triangle giants comes in range. Thus far I haven't had much luck getting deer in range. Deer slayer what do think about this upcoming week? My expectations are pretty high for deer sightings I'm thinking it should be good with the dark moon and hopefully some cool temps.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Well I know that i am definately heading to my ground in Pike this weekend. The weather is supposed to be rainy and semi-cold. It is still too early for them to be rutting, but the pre-rut stage should be kicked in this weekend. I am going to rattle late morning before i get down just as an experiment to see if they are feeling it yet. I am hoping the crops are almost out everywhere by then but this rain will definately prevent the farmers from harvesting. If the crops that I need are out and the weather is gloomy then I think it should be a pretty nice weekend for hunting. i am excited because i finally get to venture back into the woods haha...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

http://hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=3116135&mpage=1&key=&#311613 5

There is the link to some pictures i took opening weekend in Pike Co.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

nice pics, we are pulling out tonight headed to georgia to the hunting camp then leaving early thur. morning on the long leg of the trip we will probably stop in springfield IL. thur. night then on to Mt. Sterling fri. morning. So needless to say we are all pumped and ready.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

FL, I live right outside of Springfield, we should go to Westwoods Lodgeand eat... PM me
Old 10-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its time to get serious , you guys getting any tree time? the next two weeks will be our best.

Good luck , Jim
Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Spike

ill be out friday, saturdy, and sunday if the wind ever lets up. we've had 20-30 mph winds for at leadt a week now. supposed to let up thursday. if it does i might be out then too. also supposed to warm up back into the 60s which im not too overly thrilled about but i guess we'll see what happens

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.