Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9) >

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

Well I'm on call this coming weekend so no hunting for me anyone else going to get out this weekend?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been stuck at work,not much to report. the leaves are starting to fall and so are the acorns. Another week and we can get after them.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:53 AM

My friend has told me that he has seen a bachelor group of about 6 bucks browsing in a field in his next door neighbor's property for the last week. He spotted a big 8 in the group. We are asking permission for bow and should get it since he has said yes in the past. Unfortunately, I will be in AZ this weekend! Figures.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Youhunting in AZ?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:19 PM

Nope. Visiting my girlfriend. Long distance relationships SUCK! Expensive too.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Spike

finally got back out this morning. couldn't have started off any worse than it did. as soon as i knocked an arrow and got situated, my buddy busted a deer out walking to the stand. i just sat there and thought here we go again. the deer he bumped out ran right under my stand but it was still to dark to see what it was. the acorns were raining down on me all morning. around 8:15 or so i heard a stick break behind me. it was a 125 class 8 pt. had him within 15 yards but opted to let him walk because i have 5 bucks on the trail cam that are 135+. turns out my buddy saw one of the 3 150+ deer just out of range at about the same time. about 9 or so he had a doe pop out at 30 yards and he put the hammer down on her. it was his 1st deer in 6 yrs and 1st with a bow. its gonna get good here in the next few weeks or so, lows here are goin down in the mid 40s by the mid week so hopefully i can get one of the big daddys in range. i guess we'll find out here pretty soon
Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry I havent posted in a few days. Ive been working on the turkey hunting contest. I should have more time now to post...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Been out hanging stands again this weekend, season opener is WED. for us, and I think I'm pretty well prepared! I am really excited aout this set I have where the deer funnel into the field, I think it should be a sure kill, for at least a doe anyway, but this has big buck written all over it. I am hunting friday saturday and sunday over there, I will keep you posted...
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck deerslayer I get to head back to GA this weekend for a little more hunting as well,hope you get to stick one of those Illinois pigs or at least get some meat in the freezer. When do ya'll start taking hunters I would love to know what kind of success you are having once you realy start taking some hunters. Makes me jealous that I can't hunt in your country every week but I still love to hear the hunt stories, again good luck.

Trae Locklear
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Season opener in two days for me. Cant wait. HUng a few more stands in some NEW SPOTS. I will keep everyone posted. goodluck lets win this thing.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.