Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9) >

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Community

Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

Hey Shane make sure you drop another good buck this year for this team, all I had to listen to last season was my buddy Frank (Kidd642) crying about how "Reverse the Curse" was stacked with nothing but Illinois guys. LOL

Old 09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

lol I'll do my damndest... I am really hoping to top my 170" personal best, I have the deer to do it, now its on me to get a shot off! haha Its unfortunate that we didnt get paired up again matt, but good luck anyhow...lolhopefully you can score on another bruiser, what a season we had last year!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:46 PM

So what kind of deer did you guys get last year? And why didn't you win if they were nice ones? Now I'm worried. LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Damn shot down........geez. Hope the bucks fall as fast as my idea for a team name. I vote for fall guys[8D] but looks like "BUCK BOMBERS" wins hopefully we do just that. as for team capt. It really does not matter to me. us eme as a tie breaker if need be by the way if you need a refresher on the deer I shot last year just check the example MATT /PA used in his photo to be proud of thread
Old 09-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I posted your slammer buck on page nine of our thread ,I stole it from Matts post.

Thats a great buck.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Put up a new stand yesterday. Its lookin good and Im ready to do some hunting...
Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

not this weekend but next I get to start in Georgia. Can't wait to get in a tree.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 AM

I trimmed up a new tree and some shooting lanes last weekend. Found a spot where seven trails, that's right, SEVEN TRAILS funnel into one. They are pretty beat down with some recent sign. Got a camera out there that I will check tomorrow.

What stands do you guys use? I have been using the Ameristep Outfitter with the Rapid Rails for the last four years. I love that setup. I can get into just about any tree that will support my fat ass. My hunting buddies are jealous but for some reason will not let go of their climbers. They can keep them. Just means more trees for me to climb!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I use an array of random stands. I dont have a climber, just a bunch of hang ons and a ladder or two. I primarily use 20' sticks and lock on a stand. I really dont have much of a preference on the maker. A stand that will support me is about good enough. I do like the ones with big platforms though...
I will be headin back to the hunting ground probably next weekend. I need to move one more stand and need to put the trail cam out. I will keep updates comin in.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:05 PM

We start Monday morning here. I have also found a spot where 5 trails merge at a creek crossing in a funnel between fields and also saw a scrap about 50 yrds up the hill side. Looking like an amazing spot. Gonna put a trail cam out so I can see when they are there. I know I will be monday morning.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.