Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26) >

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Community

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

Trigger

You are leaving on the 17th of Oct not Nov.

And you should really get your team a picture of the monster you shot the first year HA HA Ha.

Pete
Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Trigger

You should also be honest with your team and tell them about all the ones you have missed!!!!

Joel
Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Haven't been on in awhile, so I figured I'd check in. We recently decided to move, so I've been busy prepping the new house, and of course, tied up with the awful task of moving. We're in the new place now, so I'll finally be able to get out. Here's a little update of my plans...

Maryland- I'm not very optimistic for MD this year. Lost a good bit of property access, and haven't been able to locate any shooters. Hoping to get out this Saturday and whack an old doe. Of course, just because I haven't found them, doesn't mean they're not there.

Pennsylvania- My fall/winter plot is coming up great. I haven't gotten any shooters on my cam at that location, but there are quite a few does and small smaller bucks hitting it. With the cool weather we've been having, the plot should be sweetning for the deer. As the acorns and natural browse begin to dry up, and the plot hits it's optimal stage, it should bring a lot more deer in, as there are no crop fields in this area. On the other side of the property, I've located2 different 10's that should go between 140" and 150". Also, my brother-in-law saw a hoss the other night while spotlighting that he says will push 170". The problem is that all 3 bucks are spending the majority of their time on the adjacent property. Luckily that property is not bowhunted, so I've decided to hold off hunting the area until the rut rolls around. I've located an awesome little ridge close to the property line (but not too close)that extends from an old apple orchardthat they should be cruising when the time is right.I'll be hanging a stand shortly.

Illinois- I'm so pumped upfor this Adams Co. trip, that it's actually draining my motivation to get out locally in Maryland.One ofthe guysI'mheading out there with is in good with the outfitter, who has agreed to let us come out1 day early, which will give us 2 full days to scout and hang stands. He's even hinted around aboutpossibly letting us hunt the evening before we are scheduled if we are ready to go. We'll be leaving early morning onOct. 24, and thehunt isscheduled for Oct. 26-Nov. 1. The Farmer's Almanac is predicting clear and COLDweather for the week. If that holds true, we should see some very good buck activity. Hopefully they'll be charged up enough to really respond to some calling and maybe even a littleestrous scent later on in the week.

Good luck to all, and I hope to be contributing in the next few weeks.

Jason
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys lets get on the boards! The great news for me is that I will be able to finally make it out this weekend - for the first time[&:]. Wind permitting, I plan on heading straitnext toa big boy's bedroom saturday or sunday morning that I found a month ago. If I can get in there before he returns it might get interesting. Good luck to you all!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have not checked in for awhile [&:]Been seeing alot of Does and one spike []The deer have changed on me this season. some of my best spots have been crap this year[]I just have to move around and find em Im a slow starter
Old 10-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't check in awhile either. Sorry just been really busy. I am seeing 8-10 does an evening and hardly any bucks. Ever since seeing the big boy a few weeks ago, I haven't seen him again. He must have went to his underground lair where all the other ones are. I have seen two little bucks, but nothing big. I am hunting that spot tonight and then going to different property tom. morning where LAST year big drop tine buck. Hopefully he is still alive and kickin and wont be after tomorrow morning! Good luck to all this weekend!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well no luck for me this weekend. The SE wind kept me out of where I wanted to be, so I just hunted a few other spots. Despite the heat, I almost had one on the ground this morning (Sun). I did a little sparring with the rattling antlers at first light and had a hog bodied brute materializing at 40 yards, but of course the wind was swirling as it often does at first light and he caught a wiff of me before he closed the distance. He didnt have a huge rack but his neck was as swollen as any I have seen this early in the season - a mature deer. Well, I will be getting a 3 day weekend next week
Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I'm packing and will soon be on the road! I will be heading north to northern Wis. to bow hunt then on to Minn. to rifle hunt then back to Wis. to rifle hunt. I've got ph. #'s so if I connect I will let you know. Here is a pic of my new hunting shack on wheels.
Good luck everyone! We better be on the board before I check in again!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Sweet cruiser magicman.. I didnt have much luck this weekend either. Saw a goose egg on Saturday morning, in a spot that I saw a nice non typical last year. Sunday morning saw three does but I believe I found the core area of what looks to be a nice buck... Who knows. It is suppose to be very warm in Southern Indiana this week until the weekend so I am not sure if I will get out much this week.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Still have yet to get out around home. This week i will be packing for the trip - leaving on friday - so i don't know if i will get out before then. I was out in Rapid City over the weekend and they got dumped on with snow. All i wanted to do was head for the hills with the bow, but my wife wouldn't have appreciated that since we were there for one of her friends wedding.

Good luck all.

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.