Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26) >

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 09-03-2008, 11:05 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

ORIGINAL: triggertrav

thanks MGH, i like the avatar.

anyone done any hunting yet? I have another week, but the itch is getting bad. I don't have much going on the property i am on yet, but once the beans start turning i think that will make more come my way. I was out and did a little scouting tonight (mid 50's and breezy) and i felt like i should be on stand.i am heading down to SE MN the weekend of the 20th and that should be good. plenty of deer down there and there's always a chance at a shooter.
Ky season opens on saturday i will be out there an in my tree by 1st light
Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 PM

Lookin good fellas! I like the avatar,....a lot!

I haven't had another chance to get out since last week and this next week I'll be getting my gear ready for CO. I leave out next Friday!!
When I get back I'll be able to concentrate a lot more on whitetails.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Avatar looks killer thanks again for making it Well i pulled a stupie I had a cam out for over a week in a killer looking spot. i pulled it today dissapointed to find out it had no pics and was givving me a problem code [:@]come to find out the SD card was not plugged in all the way [:@]DOH!!
Its going back out tommorow
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

Loving the avatar he did a great job making it i just wanted to hop on an tell every one good luck i will be in the woods saturday got a nice buck i been watching an i hope that when i get back on here i can say BBD hereare the pics
Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

8mm - good luck this weekend.

monkey - what's going on in CO? you going after elk?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man ... you guys got my boys magic and Blood on the same team ......... I'm jealous!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:56 AM

Yep, goin on my 1st DYI elk trip. I'm pretty darn excited about it too. I'm havin trouble focusing on anything else. We just didn't have the extra $$$ for a left-over mulie tag.[:@]
Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

where about you going after the elk? i have a group of guys that want to get out after the elk next fall and i am trying to decide where we should go. The only problem is that we would like to get into an area where we will get drawn next year with out any preference points.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM

trig, there are many manyunits that have "unlimited" tags for elk. You don't have to be drawn for these. Go to the CO DOW website, and/or call them, they are very helpful and the website has the kill stats from previous seasons. This is my first time out there so the whole thing will be a learning experience.

crik, I'm gladyou got your camera issues figured out.

After 7pm tonight, I might not have a chance to get back on the computer to check in with y'all. I leave out on the 12th for CO and will be back on the 21st. Hopefully, I'll have to rearrange my freezer when I get back.

Good luck fellas,
Waid
Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txmarshmonkey

Yep, goin on my 1st DYI elk trip. I'm pretty darn excited about it too. I'm havin trouble focusing on anything else. We just didn't have the extra $$$ for a left-over mulie tag.[:@]
Good luck and have a safe trip!

I did that about 8 years ago. my trip was interesting. I had to change the transfer case on my truck in a walmart parking lot in Lincoln Neb. I was puking sick at the time. Then I broke 2 valve springs and had to fix that in Denver. I did that repair in an alleyway in Colfax - not a good neighborhood! We ended up hunting for 1 week instead of 2 because of the breakdowns. I saw a few elk but didn't get any shots. All in all it was a great trip though.

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.