Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26) >

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

Hey fellas I'm finally back at work.

No I didn't get lost in CO. I had to cut my trip short because IKE flooded my house.[:@] I've been busy working on clean up and trying to get things ready to repair. Sorry to the team but my hunting will be limited this season. I still hope to get out some though.

I'll post a few pics from CO when I get a chance, work will be busy for a couple days.

I didn't read all the pages yet but I hope you are all doing well.

BTW, I didn't kill in CO but I did have a great time!

I'll check back later.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

T minus 5 hours till i am the road - SD baby! I am pretty pumped if you cant tell.

Hopefully i will have something to report by the time that i get back. Nothing else i should have some good pics to share.

Aim Strate.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I haven't been having to good of luck. I have been focusing on this new spot I just gained access to hunt. Its only 40 acres of woods that on the East and West side borders a field. The spot I have been hunting looks amazing. Every tree in a 30 yard radius is rubbed raw. There are a few rubs that go up to around my shoulder. I have hunted there 4-5 times and have yet to confirm a buck sighting. Where my buddy is hunting, roughly 250 yards away, he area is trashed with rubs. This joker is in here somewhere but I just can't get a hold of him! I snort wheezed on Sunday morning hopefully maybe to piss him off, no such luck. I am probably going to start focusing more on the my prime ground. I usually see bucks 130-160 range on it, however I have only seen one this year. Good Luck to everyone!!! We need to get on the board!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, no luck for me the past few days, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Never laid eyes on a shooter, but heard two of them sparring one morning in the dark by my blind before I could get in it. I had a great time though, enjoying the colors and seeing quite a few deer. My 'sure thing' early season spot is getting logged, wouldnt you know. Funny (or not) how that happens, what was a big buck's hideout in september with dozens of rubs and scrapes and worn beds is now devoid of any fresh deer sign. It may be a while before I get out again[&:]...but cant wait till I do! Luck guys!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

well im seeing bucks almost everytime out now, just nothing i want to shoot I have some serious time off work for hunting in about a week like 21 days off
Old 10-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday evening and missed a do. I didn't account for the angle. I was on top of a ridge and she was on the slope and just simply shot over her back. I had a buck grunt somewhere in the thicket in front of me but never laid eyes upon it.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

To bad about the missed Doe tlutterbamaby next time... Well im still seeing bucks everytime out, but spikes, three and four pointers just are not going to cut it for me [:@]Someone please get the corn picked for me...please.......anyone!!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

scored on a buck this morning , pictures and score will follow in a few days
Old 10-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh hell yes,,,we needed someone to get us rolling congrats, cant wait for the story and pics
Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok here is the story. i have not hunted much this year ,working overtime out of town so not much time ,but friday we were rained out so i went and the only deer i saw came in at near quiting time and presented a shot and i missed , still have not figured out how.
so saturday morning i go to another stand and was not there but about 5 minutes and saw a deer come out of the woods about 200 yards away . it was still dark and i could not make out if it was a buck or not , it made it's way across the field behind some trees when it came back into field of view i could see a rack . stayed out ther some 150 to 200 yards moving across in front of me but going away to the east . i got out the grunt call and rattle bag and hit each a couple of times. he made a bee line for my stand and stopped about 8 yards out with his head only exposed. he stepped out a couple of steps and when i went to squeeze the trigger i still had the safety on , flipped the safety off and drilled him. he went about 60 to 70 yards just inside the tree line and i heard him crash. i waited about 1/2 hour and went over and claimed my prize.

the two bucks in this story were not the same bucks but were on the same property

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.