Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26) >

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Community

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

howdy guys i been going out been seeing some nice deer shot at a nice 10 missed shot at a nice doe this morning an missed so i took my bow back to the range an man was i off my 20 yard pin was hiting a foot high an to the left so i made some changes an heres what i got a 20 yards

Old 09-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8mm

howdy guys i been going out been seeing some nice deer shot at a nice 10 missed shot at a nice doe this morning an missed so i took my bow back to the range an man was i off my 20 yard pin was hiting a foot high an to the left so i made some changes an heres what i got a 20 yards

You need to start hunting for deer with cig. packs on their sides. lol

I'm heading out right now. I'm going way back into a nasty swamp.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: 8mm

You need to start hunting for deer with cig. packs on their sides. lol

I'm heading out right now. I'm going way back into a nasty swamp.
i forgot a target so i grabbed what i could lol figured it i could drill a cig back at 20 yards ishouls be able to hita deer a 20 lol
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I headed 3/4 of a mile thru a nasty swamp to a secluded oak ridge. Every step was nasty! some places the marsh grass was way over my head. My reward.............. not a single deer sighted!It was the perfect evening. The wind was blowing just enough to move the light branches and it stayed steady from the same direction. I'm heading up north this weekend to do some serious hunting.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Friday evening and could of dusted 4 does. I really do not want to mess with a doe in this heat. Went Sat. morning to a previously hot spot and it was colder than ice. NOT A SINGLE DEER. I had a great wind but just nothing. I was rather disappointed but normal season comes in on Wed and the high is 65. I will for sure be in the stand!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

at least your getting out tlutter, i still have yet to put my stand up here in Mn. I do leave for a week in NW SD the 17th of Oct. This will be my 5th year out there and i see big deer every year but have yet to close the deal. I do hope to get out around the house in the next couple of weeks too. I am seeing 10+ does in the feilds but not much for horn around yet. they will come though.

good luck all
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Well I am back from New Mexico. Did not score a bull, but had a pretty good hunt. Tons of bugling. Got very close to several bulls but not the right set-up. Girffriend had a great time. She is hooked on archery elk. Phenomenal fitness level. I am lean and alwayspush hard on the hills and she kept pace every second. Much more fit than most guys.

I did pick up some sweet sheds, both sides. About a 300" 6x6. No chew marks. Also picked up a 4x4 complerte skull, with all teeth includingthe ivories. Pretty cool. 2 tags, 2 racks, no meat.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Zim
Zim brotha,,wrong thread [8D]
8mm
Nice shooting 8mm
Well my Indiana season comes in in the morning My work schedule worked out great for the opener. Im off for 8 days through my normal schedule and it starts on the opener good luck everyone
Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, been a while since I checked in. Stands are placed, deer are there, but I am not[&:] Looks like a while before I get out there too - but mark my words when I do manage to get out there I have a good feeling about it. Luck to you all, keep hunting hard and good things will come!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

finnally got the stand up last night - now need to wait for the south wind to come thru, but that doesn't happen a whole lot this time of year.Hopefullyi will get out sometime over the weekend.Also just over 2 weeks till i head to SD. Getting pretty pumped up.

Good luk.

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.