Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26) >

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Old 09-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

not good, not good at all. be careful out there team mate
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

opening day results:
4 squirrell hunters - 0 deer[&o][:'(][:@]
Oh ya, I had one squirrell hunter fire a round in my direction. Now I remember why I hunt up north!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

i never made it out for the opener this year, but managed to see plenty of deer on the property. it rained most of the weekend and when it wasn't i was trying to split wood. i would rather not be cutting wood this february and trying to get it done before the hunting gets good.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

howdy guys got my truck back went out tonight an see 6 doe's an 3 bucks nothing worth shooting at had a 6 pointer a spike an a nice 5 he only had one side of his rack never seen him befor they all came out around 6 an all nine walked right in the field one by one an ate 20 yards from me with with that big ten would have showed his face
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys... Last night was the first time out for me. Season came in yesterday, but I was unable to hunt in the morning. The evening started out very slow and right before dark it picked up quick. Saw a lil 4 point and a decent 6 pointer, but nothing anywhere close to a shooter. However, across the field I had a doe and two youngins come out followed by what looked like a shooter. I was 250 yds + away and I had forgotten my binos but I could tell that he was a decent buck, so who knows.
Good Luck everyone!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad you guys are getting out there and seeing a few! I will be going out this weekend trying to get a young hunter onto a big buck for the youth season but its 14 days till I can be out there with a bow in my hand.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

well, this weekend heading down to SE MN for a hunt on a friends property. There are many good deer down there and plenty of does for the taking. hopefully i will be heading out on friday am so i can get in stand on friday night.

cant wait.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted yesterday evening and saw some deer. Had a little 8 pointer, maybe would score between 50-70" MAX. That is definately way to small for my standards. Then had three does in range that I could of spat on. But for me, it is way to warm to be messing with a doe right now. I think I have these deer patterned entering and exiting this field. They are doing exactly what they did two years ago with beans in. I am going to try an alfalfa field on the back of my property because two years ago, I had 8-10 different bucks in the field at one time, all sparring with each other!! Good luck to the people hunting right now!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

went out last night with a friend was sitting there in some real thick stuff an my phone goes off so i grab it real quick to trun it off an my friend had texted me to see if i had seen anything know sooner did i send the text no an shut my phone off a small 6 an a very nice 9 walked out in front of me i was going to take the 9 but i waitedto long to take the shot the i seen the buck i named lefty it was a very good hunt see 3 bucks didnt get any but i was happy just to be out an see deer
Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep at it 8mm, sounds like just a matter of time
Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I will be hunting hard in the morning.. I am going to find a tree to throw my climber up in, in the evenings, so I will not be hunting this evening. Got a good spot picked out for the morning, hopefully get a shot ata decent buck. Buck activity and sightings have picked up at the farm so who knows, i guess its only a matter of time before we are mauling monsters!

Quick Reply: Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.