Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Community

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 10-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

Morning boys and girls. I killed a doe in that stand yester evening. I passed on a couple more after the fact because I didn't see her go down. Didn't want multiple track jobs. One more or Oct 31 and I'm switching to horn.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

First Time on the board with a bow.!! Shortest hunt ever!!!!!! I know I have not been on much but my season thus far has been a disaster sent directly from Murphy himself. I will tell you all about that in another post. This is about today. I work nights and my wife works days so most mornings I get home run in the house kiss the wife hello/goodbye get 2 of the kids up and feed them then on the bus. I watch the little one all day till wife gets home. (REPEAT -Mon. throughFri.). This is my life when I don't take time off to hunt. Well today happened to be garbage day!!! so while I was taking out the trash to the road I herd the dog raising hell. I went to lookIsaw him down in this little crick bottom next to our house. I went inside grabbed my bow slipped around the house, squeezed between the house and the shed, peeked around the corner and there he was 30 yards away. Twack!! He took off ran through the creek and went across the road and expired in the parking lot of a restraint. Needles to say I jumped in my truck ran over and retrieved him. (note to self work out more) holey cow I have never tried to pick up a deer with guts before. and as a bonus I could not jump in and drag him because I had the cover on and no time to take it off. here is a pic my 8 year old son took before he got on the bus. I will measure him and post it after I dress him later. I know he ain't much but he Is the first buck I have taken with my bow since my mom died of cancer in 2002.

P.S. as youcan see I still have on me work clothes.

I decided to add this pick too she is much cuter than her old man.

Here is my 3 year old good luck charm just before I gutted it. eeewwww STINKY!!! She hung around until I opened his zipper. I nipped the gut and cut the aorta and one lung.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Medic, nice buck! I wish I could shoot them in my backyard
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

That is the first deer I have seen in daylight in7 years. I only have 4.75 acres where my house is. across the road is a beaver swamp and that field. They once traveled past my house on the other side form that swamp to a corn field but the guy at the end of my prop. put up a stockade fence and they changed their travel routeback then. So this was Dumb Luck!!
Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Job Mantis and Medic. I went Elk hunting today with my Brother in law and I am dead tired. Lots of walking with no fun. It was great to be back in the mountains again though.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whassup team, kinda quiet around here
I saw 2 P&Y bucks last weekend, but no luck. It was the end of the day, and they entered the opposite side of a field I was watching. They were heading my way, but I just ran out of light, so I snuck out.

One of them would go 120's and the other may be pushing 150! I may head back down this weekend if I can swindle a day or two off.
I know where they're coming from, and I have a plan with the right wind.

Good luck to all (especially ME)
Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Get after 'em Redhawk.

My season in NC has been a disaster, thus far. First, the gas shortage. Second, a camping/hunting trip that turned into a day spent at the mechanic getting a new fuel pump. Third, some scumbag stole my treestand.

Driving to PA for two weeks of hunting tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck irish! I hope your luck turns around soon!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna be out this weekend in NW IL. Supposed to be cold wet possibly snowy and they should be chasing the does.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys it has come time for me to finally be able to hunt this week and weekend. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and will be hunting Thursday-Sunday morning if needed. The bucks should be moving good and I am hopeful that I can get it done in these few days that I have. Good luck to everyone else and I hope to see at least two or three more deer down on our team when I get back! No pressure.

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.