Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

Hey Troy, yeah I remember you mentioning thatMO buck pic. Then you go and shoot a giant and pull off aneven morebeautiful picture with it some weeks later. Family is great the boy started walking last week. He'll turn 11months tomorrow. Good luck to you this season as well! You're always one I keep an eye out for.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy, yeah thanks, I'm good too thanks for asking[8D]I swear, sometimes I wonder why in the hell I bother posting.

Anyway, for the 1 or 2 who might actually read a post of mine, this is 1 of 2 similar bucks I have on camera this year. Crummy year so far for sure. I saw a bunch of decent bucks early and it has been scat since. I still got a couple of cool fawn pics.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm reading Jimand I'm sure the big boys are there they just haven't shown their mug on film yet. How long have you had the camera out? And what kind are you using? I have a cheap stealth cam but haven't put it out yet.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

fawns and mamma

Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

IN these pics you are looking north. East about 3 yards is an 8 acre alfalfa field. west about 10 yards is the 10 acre prairie/scrubby area I spoke of before. More info to follow but that is a small piece of our farms.

I don't mean to be the only guy yapping about such things, so please, if I am annoying you let me know and I will shut up immediately if not sooner.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Troy, yeah thanks, I'm good too thanks for asking[8D]I swear, sometimes I wonder why in the hell I bother posting.

Anyway, for the 1 or 2 who might actually read a post of mine, this is 1 of 2 similar bucks I have on camera this year. Crummy year so far for sure. I saw a bunch of decent bucks early and it has been scat since. I still got a couple of cool fawn pics.

Ah, the Threadinator is whining already and the seasons aren't even open yet. [8D] Honest, Jim your threads aren't invisible. I read it.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

I'm reading Jimand I'm sure the big boys are there they just haven't shown their mug on film yet. How long have you had the camera out? And what kind are you using? I have a cheap stealth cam but haven't put it out yet.
LOL! I have seen 1 good buck and one really good buck so far, but they won't pose for the camera. The one I saw was unbelievably tall. I couldn't tell you how many points b/c he was moving, but he was a real beauty in my book. The other was a good 10 probably 135 or so. Nothing great, but nothing to scoff at either. It is awfully hard to pass up a P&Y buck. I am a firmbeliver in the fact that oncea buck turns 3 hehas learned to avoid anywhere there ishuman scent, like a camera. That is why I don't hunt where my cameras are.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, if I remember correctly you didn't see many big deer at the beggining of last season and you were pretty down at the beggining of last season and look what happened. They will show up for you at some point in time.

Team Novemeber is my vote as well BTW.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:43 AM

Horn Doggs
Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Wheatly, I am not down, I just like getting pictures of them. They're around somewhere, but the beans are so tall this year you can't even see them in the fields except for their ears and rack, which makes them awfully hard to spot.

Once the crops are harvested, the travel routes will solidify again, the sightings will go up, and life will be good.

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.