Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: official team 44 thread

I got some trail camera photos to.

Heres a decent buck. Surely would be a trophy in my record book.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for sharing the pic's Pope94! Good luck the rest of the way!!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

On behalf of BTbowhunter-

Btbowhunter is pursuing a 180" class buck on his Illinois lease. I spent Sunday afternoon there and he was kind enough to inviteme hunt with him. Bob saw 3 bucks, I saw just one.

Weather in IL has been in the 70's with lots of wind from the south. Things should change on Thursday with temps dropping and a front moving in.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you meet with him again tell him good luck from the Big Bucks Gone Wild Team.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Whats up guys, well 2 more days til Vacation begins. Got a picture of the buck Im after the other day, so Im stoked. Im feeling pretty good about getting him for some reason. I know bucks like this are tough but 1 mistake is all it takes and u just never know during the rut. Anyway wish me luck and good luck to all. Hope to help the team out. A picture is in the trail cam forum under giant wv buck. I know a guy who found his shed last year and it scored 86 inches, so who knows what he'll be this year...
Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Well Hello! Congrats on the deer down. Man you people have some kick azz cabins very cool. Leaving today to go to NY, hunting all week hard. The weather dosent look very good. Oh well hope to have a nice buckto post.

Check in when I return, Brian
Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weather sometimes gets the best of us. Good luck in the future Brian.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I had the best dang hunting day of my life.
Sunday morning I got out and there was two does already in the timber messing around. I continued walking and got into my blind. I didn't see anything for the next few ours but I got calls from my dad saying there were all sorts of deer running around my grandpas. Including two big bucks.
I got out and moved to a differant area and he pushed a small doe to me. I was thinking what the heck. Well next thing I know there is 50 cows coming straight towardsme. The cows pushed all the deer in the opposite direction. We got back to the cabin and I got a call from my grandma saying that the cookies are done. I rode the fourwheeler to the house and got the cookies. (they were so good!) I drove about halfway back to the cabin and saw two deer about 5-600 yards away. I stopped and checked which way they were going. (they were heading straight fora small pond.) I go back to the cabin grab my bow and one extra cookie then head off to get a deer. I walked slowly up to the pond and two tails went off. I waited a little bit. Then continued after them. I got to this ditch that had all sorts of junk there and I waited and searching with binos. I saw two deer run off and one had a huge rack. They ran far off and I said screw it my legs are already tired. I went back to the cabin and my dad said he saw three deer on the side hill in front of the cabin. Me and him walked all the way over there and was walking real slowly and we got to the end of the hill when a buck and two does jump up. Lucky little things, they were hidden behind a huge brush pile. We walked for about 2 miles and got to some good timber area. I went to the bottom and he was gonna walk the top to try and scare something to me. I found a good hidden area and stopped. I saw a doe run just a little ways a head of me. I waited till she was in the creek then I took off towards her. She appeared so fast I was about the poop myself. She jumped out of the crick and nearly hit me. Once she saw me she took off and then she kicked up anicebuck and 4 other does. Me and my dad met up at the end of the crick and we went to another timber area. He walked the top and I walked the bottom. We didn't see anything. Wegot to about the end and I kicked up a small buck and two does. Then hear comes another doe down the hill from my dad. Then off the left in this big tall grassy area was this buck. It jumped up and ran 20 yards from me behind the trees. I drew my bow. He stepped out into the open and I grunted. He didn't stop till he was behind a bush. DANGIT! I was praying he would put it in reverse a couple steps. But I didn't think that wouldhappend, off he goes. I stopped and thought for a momment about what I could have done. When this little tiny tiny doe comes down the hill and nearly nocks me over. Then after that another doe, a much bigger one comes down. No more bucks though.

Sunday evening we set the blind up in a new spot. This spot is hot!! I counted 8 differant tree rubs around the blind and three under the tree stand we have about 50 yards away. I set up the camera and got everything ready. Then I waited. About an hour before dark a good sized doe pops out of the corn. I was watching her when I heard something behind me. I just thought it was the birds but then as I looked back at the doe. There were horns blocking my view of her. I slowly reached for my bow. I didn't even think about the camera. The buck was about 20 yards ata bad angle and left a small shooting area. I decided to hold up for a better shot but that never came. the buck and doe ran off leaving a a sad little boy behind. And thats my story. sorry for the long read. I just like telling stories.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Andrew sounds like you had a good time, and that is really what hunting is all about, I had a good weekend too, ill tell you abot it soon, when I get home, and can get back on here.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM

sounds like a awesome hunt, thats what makes it fun. Hope u get another crack at him..

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.