Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: official team 44 thread

thanks joe.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Nice pics andrew! and no problem josh,,, bigtime,, I think using them for rattlin or a bow holder is a great idea! nice find.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i think it will look neat when i get done with it.
ORIGINAL: mcorso

Nice pics andrew! and no problem josh,,, bigtime,, I think using them for rattlin or a bow holder is a great idea! nice find.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Guys,
I'm out in sunny Arizona (110+ degrees) visiting family and finally found my password.

Nice find there Tim! It'll make a good candidiate for a euro. I've done four of them in the last few years and they look great among the other mounts. It's really fairly simple as long as you take a little time.

My cousin has some good spots lined up for our predator hunt and we're going out tomorrow and Friday. Yotes and foxes will be fun but I'm really hoping we can lure in a bobcat!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohjeeze, 110 degrees and rising is too hot for me. You better paint camo all over your body because any sort of clothing is gonna make it even hotter. lol.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

Bt what part of Zona? My family lives in Mesa Az.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was in Maricopa most of the week and up in Catalina for a day. Did get up to Mesa one day and visited the Basspro store though.

The rainy season was in and it cooled down a bit toward the end of the week and there was lots of game out on Friday. Saw lots ofcritters and even popped a few Jackrabbits.

Saw some coyotes but no shots, saw a decent Mulie buck, a bunch of javelina, a wild burro, hundreds of doves and quail and lots of jackrabbits and cottontails.

Our bow season is three weeks away not counting a special doe only hunt that starts next Saturday. Cant wait!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys been pretty quiet in here,, hope all is wwell, i have been busy, gettign all my gear ready for the opener,, got some climbing sticks put together, and will got those out here soon,, what are your guys views on mock scrapes>?? I had made a few in the past, and several where taken over, I gonna go the full distance this year and really do as the pros suggest instead of just kicking a clear spot with my boot,, let me know if you guys have had any success with these mock scrapes
Old 09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

i washed up my stuff last night. got my new backpack packed with all my new stuff. only thing left to buy is a range finder will get that on the 1st which happens to be opening day.
I think i will get it gas my truck up and go out for a late afternoon hunt on the first.
ORIGINAL: mcorso

Hey guys been pretty quiet in here,, hope all is wwell, i have been busy, gettign all my gear ready for the opener,, got some climbing sticks put together, and will got those out here soon,, what are your guys views on mock scrapes>?? I had made a few in the past, and several where taken over, I gonna go the full distance this year and really do as the pros suggest instead of just kicking a clear spot with my boot,, let me know if you guys have had any success with these mock scrapes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Cool, I bought one last year, and i love it, i got the bushnell scout (arc) 1000, it is simple to use, and just remember to guess the distance first, and then use the rangefinder, soon you will train your eye on distances, because there maybe a day that you dont have it with you , and you wont feel confident to judge the distance your self,, also prior to the hunt range trees and remember what you ranged them from the stand , so you dont fumble around from range finder to your bow.. good luck

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.