Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: official team 44 thread

Since its been so quiet in here, Lets get a topic going? Do you guys practice scent control? as well as Ultra violet? Ive been washing my lothes in uv killer for a while, and now am practicing good scent control while hunting,IE carbon suit, dead down wind spray.. I also had luck with boiling acrons and using that,
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont get to into it... Usually before I go out hunting I spray myself down real good with some scent control stuff.

Does everybody got there stands up and ready to go?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I try very hard with scent control, but with my own doing. Do not believe in the carbon hype. Also use the uv wash or just old baking soda.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

i do anything i can for scent controll. i have not yet bought scentloc but maybe one day
Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, the closest I have ever been to deer un detected I was wearing a camo outfit fresh out of the wash with just uv killer, wind was right and in my favor, so any attempt in being the ultimate predator is a bonus! are all you guys using chain in stands, climbers or both? im currently using both , having several stand sites ready to go, and my lone wolf for places I wish to try out.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back into town. Welcom Miforeman! Hope you are rcovering well from your back surgery. I hope it wont hurt your season. I remember I had a disc removed from my neck three years ago in August. I was a sore puupy at first and the Doc didnt want me to shoot my bow till Oct 1!
I grabbed the kids bow griited my teeth and started at 35 lbs and by Oct 1 was shooting my normal 63 pounds. even managed to kil a decent buckfew weeks later.

Got a few new trail cams

Whattya think?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about this guy? Pay no attention to the date. The battery went dead and I forgot to reset the date. This was about a week ago

Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My .02 on scent control.
I do it all! I shower before each hunt. keep my clothes in a airtight scent free bin till the last minute. I wear scent blocker clothing including gloves and hood and spray down with scent eliminator especially the boots and pantlegs before going to my stand. Never pump gas wearing my hunting clothes. I keep my stuff away from cooking odors, smokers, and especially dont let the dog bnear me in my hunting clothes.

I realize that you cant eliminate human odor altogether but I alos beleive that deer smell humans often enough that they will often tolerate a bit of human odor thats not to close, too fresh or too strong. I do my best to smell as little as possible but I still hunt as if I havent showered in a week. I dont do like the commercial says and "forget the wind, just hunt"
but I HAVE had occasions where my wind feather (always on the end of my stabilizer) was pointing right at a mature deer and not been busted. Lucky? maybe. But I beleive that deer hunting is a game of making your odds the best thay can be day after day so that you get "lucky" once in awhile!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not so sure about that first buck, picture is a bit blury. That second one sure is a good one. I would be so happy to take it. i just set my camera out a couple nights ago, Ill get it september 20th.

Are any of you trying any calling this year? Possibly a decoy and some doe urine?

Ill be trying to grunt/snort/wheeze call along with some tinks #1 doe urine.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

a decoy is on my list but may or may not get one. I do use scents and some calling plan to try some ratlering antlers this year i hate the bags of wood pieces
ORIGINAL: Pope94/IA

Not so sure about that first buck, picture is a bit blury. That second one sure is a good one. I would be so happy to take it. i just set my camera out a couple nights ago, Ill get it september 20th.

Are any of you trying any calling this year? Possibly a decoy and some doe urine?

Ill be trying to grunt/snort/wheeze call along with some tinks #1 doe urine.

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.