Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29) >

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Old 11-15-2008, 10:55 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Congrats again. Beautiful buck and well deservedjuston the time you invested hunting !! Greatjob !!

One more week of rifles banging and then things will get back to normal here. Well the corn is still all standing... so as normal as it gets in this very unusualyear.

Tim
Old 11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go AE!! Hopefully we put a few more on the ground and actually compete in this thing!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I finally scored a nice one guys! He should be right around 130" or slightly more I think. I will try to get him scored in the next day or so.

rick

Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Yeah!!! Wahoo! That is what I am talking about! Now we are makin some noise!!

Way to go and congratulations on a fine buck!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!! We are finally getting some points up!!!! Now I need to get mine......LOL
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck hairlessone and nice buck antler eater...both are outstandding......i have been rifle hunting in nebraska for the past week in a half..i should be in iowa with a bow...but i gotta get this rifle tag out of the way...hopefully over thanksgiving break i can put a nice one down...what do ya say!?...hahaha
Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 AM

Great Job Guys!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

anyone else having any luck?

rick
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job Rick! If we could get a couple more; we might actually be in the running, but I think those pukes on 13 have a commanding lead. Rifle season opened here in WI on 11/22, and from then until Jan. 4th it's on again and off again, so I don't know if I'll get out with the bow any more. It breaks down to a 9 day rifle hunt, then a 7 day muzzleloader hunt, then a 4 day antlerless only hunt, and finall from Dec. 24th to Jan 4th it's full blown rifles again! If you do the math; there isn't a lot of time in there for the deer to settle down enough to even think of hunting with a bow again.
I did manage to catch a couple nice bucks during the opening weekend with the rifle though. A very nice 10 pt on Saturday's opener, and then a 12 with a DROP on Sunday morning. Neither are giants, but very nice bucks to me. I would still like to get out with the bow, but if I shot another one now, the woman would probably skin ME after having 2 going to the taxi already....lol

Old 11-25-2008, 12:12 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Rick congrats on your buck !! Well done !!

Toby congrats on your rifle bucks !! Sweet talk your wife and get out and bow hunt. We need a buck from you !!

As for me... corn harvest. [:'(] Racked up 111 hours last week working. Sure wish farmers had to pay over time!! [&:] No time to hunt as of late. I will get outThursday as even the boss doesn't dare work that day or his wife would casterate him. I would even volunteer to hold him down while she did it.

Hopefully in2 weeks we are finally done with harvest. I still have a lot of time to hunt and some very good land that hasseen little pressure so far. I think the best is yet to come hunting wise for me. No more dreaded duck hunters or rifle hunters ruining it for me. YAY !!!!!!!!

Congrats again to the guy's with bucks. Let's get some more!!

Tim

Quick Reply: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.