Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Hey team, hows everyone making out. I was out this morning for an uneventful sit, but the scrape that turns up every year near my best buck stand is up and fresh, so thats a good sign. Ill be back out this afternoon on a different property, so we will see what happens. Im planning on hunting tomorrow morning and maybe the afternoon, then friday afternoon and all day sat, so i should see something. Im getting all jacked up, next wednesday im leaving to head out to a buddys farm in Kansas, and he has been seeing some whoppers, has 2 bucks over 170 on camera, so hopefully in the next 2 weeks ill be able to add to our teams totals. Hope everyones doing well. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM

Hey guys....I've been seeing some nice bucks. I can't shoot any of them b/c I need to get my EAB doe first. I had to pass on one of the biggest bucks I've seen in the deer woods. Hopefully I can whack a nanny and focus in on the big boy or go to a different county that is not EAB.[&:]

Good luck everyone! It's getting to be that time!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:23 AM

Went out to Nebraska last week with Hunsucker. I wasn't hunting just filming and filmed Hunsucker shoot a 130. The rut seems a little further along up there but here in MO I am not sure it has kicked off. We have been going at it hard lately and will hunt the entire weekend. I'll let you know if I get one!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:42 PM

I'll be back in the woods on Sunday
Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets go boys. We need some bone on the grounddddd. Rut should be kickin in here towards the end of the week. The warm weather is going to put a damper on it until probably thursday or friday, but ill be out all day friday and saturday rain or shine. Are the rest of you hunting or whats up? I dont here much from you guys..
Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

The weather here is crazy! We had snow showers last monday and this monday is 73! I doubt I will be out before friday and I plan on hunting thru tuesday. The rut should be going good here by the end of the week. I also wish that the east winds would change!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 AM

Went out Sat evening and just saw 2 does and 3 fawns. It has really warmed back up here, and it really is still too early. I was looking at the tarsal glands on the does, one was still snow whaite and on the other it was just starting to get a little brown to it. Judging by that we still have a couple weeks to go, which would put things right on track with where they normally would be.

Went out last night with my youngest son, he was going to shoot a doe with my percussion muzzle loader and I was going to film it. Deer movement was the worst I have seen all year, one finally came in late, but he got excited and missed it. At least I have it on tape so he can quit giving me flack about that buck I missed a couple years ago.

I think for the next couple weeks I will let the funnel rest and take my son out to a couple places where we do some rifle hunting and see if we can get him a deer or twodown. He has been waiting all year and needs some stand time too. Rifle season started this weekend.

I have some mock scrapes up and working also, we will see how that goes.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a buck grunting and chasing a doe tonight down below me right before dark. The heat has them laying low until dusk/dawn and nighttime. I'm going out tomorrow for a morning hunt before classes. Then I'll most likely be out all day friday and saturday. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, hows everyone making out? Hopefully you are all seeing action. This is the time to put the bone down. I have been hunting hard lately, but just havent been seeing any action, which has me very frustrated, but ill keep at it.

On a good note, tomorrow morning im heading to Kansas to hunt with a good buddy of mine. He has been seeing some monsters and the weather is supposed to be cold, so hopefully ill be able to lay down a toad.

Back to my NJ hunting. I posted this on the main forumn, but figured i would bounce it off you guys. There has been a monster, this year he is a main frame 12 pt that will score atleast 150, which for here is a true monster. Well yesterday we believe we found his bedding area. My buddy busted him out of the exact same location that we did yesterday. Its in a TINY patch of woods surrounded by homes. This buck is a true backyard buck and when he saw us, he simply stood up, then slowly trotted off, he is used to people, but im sure if we set up wrong in this spot, he will quickly vacate the area. We found one tree that is close to his main bed that we can set up in, unfortunately the area is thick and there arent many good trees. Anyhow, this tree is about 40 yards from what we believe is his main bed, and inbetween a major scrape, which is about 20 yards on the other side. There are major rubs around as some smaller scrapes. My question is, how and when would you guys hunt this area? I figure i will only have a shot or 2 at him before he wises up. Ive never been in this situation before to know of an actual bed of a mature buck, please help.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 AM

Wait untill the wind is right, and then get in there two hours before daylight.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.