Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 10-18-2008, 04:42 AM

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Tomorrow is the last day of ML season so after that I will be back in the woods with my bow.
Been really busy at the shop so Sunday is the only day of the week I have been hunting.
Next week I'll be able to get out with my bow on Tues and Thurs mornings, I can't wait!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I passed on a decent 6 point, and saw 3 other4 points and a spike this past saturday. It was my best day of the season so far and I had a heck of a time. Hopefully next weekend I can see the big boy I've been after..
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM

My wifes boss passed away last week, and I ended up being out of pocket most of the weekend. Went out last night and saw a doe with two fawns, but left a little early because I had to go doctor a pig. About 2-3 more weeks and we will be getting into the good part of the season where I will reallybe hunting hard.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's almost go time boys... I can't wait!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, after observing a spot for a while, i think i have a perfect ambush spot picked out. Im going to set a stand this afternoon and then hunt it. So far i have seen a couple decent 8 points walk by. With any luck they will make the same mistake tonight. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:50 AM

It's nearly go time boys, it's been pretty chilly here the last few days. That ought to make things really start firing up pretty soon. Got to get me some mock scrapes running this weekend, then I'lll start creeping in there and getting some huntin' done. This weather is getting me fired up!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

alrite guys, im finally starting to sit all day!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this time of year! good luck guys!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, sat last night and saw a 4 pt, 2 doe and 2 fawn as well as 6 turkey. I have alot of faith in this spot, i think it will pay off. I sat this morning in my best big buck spot, conditions were perfect, slight breeze and 28 degrees. Needless to say, i didnt dress the best for the conditions, but i stuck it out. Ended up seeing an ok 8 pt which came in to 10 yards and made a scrape where they always do. This is a spot where i typically only see bucks once the rut starts getting going. We are close my friends. Lets start putting some bone down.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:57 AM

I had a pretty good sit last night, had just about everything come by EXCEPT a shooter buck. 4 does, 6 fawns, 2-1.5 year old bucks, and 2-2.5 year old bucks. One of the 2.5 was decent, but nowhere near what I am looking for. The big old alpha doe I am gonna bust sometime this year came dead underneath my stand, butI didn't have time to mess with butchering her last nigh so I let her walk. I was underdressed once the sun went below the horizon, froze my butt off. Wind was out of the north at 15-20 mph, got chilly pretty darn quick.

Youth weekend is this weekend soI am sure I will have to take my youngest out sometime this weekend. Hopefully his grampa will take him out to his lease where the big ones are .

The deer are starting to move much better though. It won't be long at all now.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

It's starting to look good! I've seen a couple of smaller bucks chasing a doe hard. Also seen several bucks during the late morning. Rubs are really popping up. Here's one I found when changing the location of my ground blind. I'm taking off work from Nov. 7-11th so I should have a good chance at putting some points on the board.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.