Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Good luck hammerman, enjoy.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM

It's official, I'ma no-gofor this weekend. Have to drive to Arkansas to fix a tank for the company I work for, gonna swing through Dallas on the way and leave the family there to visit relatives. Will modify the trip home on Sunday to go pick up pigs. Good news is that it totally opens up the next weekend for hunting. I'm not worried about it, we have a LOOONNNGGGG season.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out this saturday for the opener...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 AM

This Sunday for me!
Season opened yesterday and i already had 2 customers shoot their first doe of the year.
Of course, they had to call me and rub it in that they were hunting and i was working.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i finally earned my buck tag. Went out and shot a doe this morning. Last night i ended up hunting and saw a good number of deer including a small 6 point, but i didnt get any shot opportunities at any of the does. I was frustrated to say the least. Went back out to a new property this morning and ended up seeing one doe and a fawn, but made it count. The doe was very nervous, although she came in from the side of me, which was perpendicular to which way the wind was blowing. The fawn came in upwind of me and the doe simply watched. About 10 minutes later, the doe came in and as i drew back she froze, she wasnt looking at me, but was looking at something behind me. After about 45 seconds at full draw, she turned around to leave and i put the pin on her and let her have it. She gave a mule kick and tore off at 100 miles an hour. The shot looked alittle high, but she ducked at the shot. It wasnt a complete passthrough, but the arrow penetrated each side and the doe tore off with the arrow sticking out both sides and blood pouring out. She made it an easy 200 yards on a double lung shot and a top of the heart. I have never in my life had a deer go anywhere near that far on a hit like that. They truely are unbelievable animals. Once my buddy emails me the pics from this morning i will post them. Bring on the horns!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:37 PM

NJ-Congrats man! Sounds like a great hunt and I can't wait for the pics. As for myself, I am heading to Illinois this weekend to hunt Friday-Sunday. My guy out there has a TON of land, so I am hoping to score on a big one! I will keep you guys updated through my phone since I have internet access. I'm hoping to smack a bruiser!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:43 PM

Dang Shawn, a play by play and I am going to be totally out of the loop this weekend. Good luck everyone- and good job on that doe NJ !!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Well It wouldn't work on my phone this weekend. I got back last night at 2:30am because I had a flat on the way home. Got it patched this morning and I am running on a few hours of sleep. Regardless, I had an excellend weekend! I did not get a buck but passed up numerous 120-130 inch deer on Friday and then Saturday. Friday evening I had a pretty good 9 pont come in but it was too dark for camera light. He was borderline anyways so I'm glad it was dark. I ended up taking a small doe yeterday morning to put some meat in the freezer. I will post pics later when I am off work!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:54 PM

Here is the story fellas. Sorry it's a little long.

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=3084869
Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats cool shawn, i went out sunday and had 4 does underneath me in the morning hunt and 1 walk 20 yards away on the evening hunt but i have yet to see a buck thisyear[:@][:'(]my dad has seen 15 bucks in 2 hunts, with 9 of them goin above 120.........the guy that farms our land said last tuesday evening in my food plot there was 4 giant bucks with 2 being absolute monsters, but then he said they wereworth shooting right now (joking i hope) needless to say, i put a fence all around my entire draw so no vehicle can get in, i am not going to let a poacher get my hard earned buck and ruin my spot!

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.