Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Judo Chop" Thread (24)

Went to my spot yesterday and got a look at a possible contender. I'd say he's 130 or so. I'd be happy with that. I know there are probably bigger on the property but he's my goal for now. Wish me luck!!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Here is a pick of the public ground I hunt. Red is stand location and black is where I park. Most of the woods you see is public and it is flat land. do you see anywhere I might want to try and put a stand by just looking at the photo? This spot gets very little pressure during bow season but gun season you need a bullet proof vest!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a pic of the out of state ground I hunt. Red=stand Green+ property line. As before do you see anywhere else to put a stand just by looking??

Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Fork Horn

And another

Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

steve25, in the first pic, ur stand farthest to the east, just southwest from it there is an inside corner that looks like it would be pretty good
Old 08-26-2008, 12:19 PM

In the first pic, there is a pinch point in that field that I would definitely check out, probably on the southern side. Might not work but I would scout it and see.Bucks are aften drawn through bottlenecks like that in fields, they are trying to see what is in the part of the field they can't see. You could even put a stand on either side of the bottleneck that way you could hunt either a north or south wind. Check for evidence of old scrapes along the edge of the bottleneck or even make a mock scrape there.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hows everyone making out? Is everyone ready for the season? All my stands are set and all i have to do is get some more practice in, but im shooting great now. I just want to do some more shooting at 40 yards, i doubt that i would shoot that far, but just in case. I pulled a trail camera off my one property, but wont get to check whats on it till later on. If there is anything good ill post if for you all to see.
Are you guys going to try anything different this season? I for one am going to try to be alittle more mobile. I have hunted out of climbers in the past but normally went to the same trees. This season im hoping to be able to move in on deer if i can pattern them at all. I will be using a lock on stand with climbing sticks for the first time, so hopefully ill be able to get up a tree nice and quiet and set up on a buck while he is still in his bed. We will see, that is the plan, only time will tell. 18 days till openning morning.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM

I have basically all my stands hung but will relocate a few after season starts due to changing patterns. I have been practicing but still am not fully ready. I will surely get there though. Has anyone been trying to come up with a team avatar?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

im tryin shawn, everyone, if u know someone who can make an avatar please ask them to!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 24 Thread

anyone here 2nite

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.