Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Hey guys, I got him scored and pic up on the official score page. Scored him at 107 2/8.

Congrats NJbuck!! Looking forward to your pics.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome job on the bucks guys! i wish i had contributed to this team already buti guess late season might be my time lol , anyways sorry for not posting for a while, been real busy gun hunting and doing homework[:@]
Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about an update from you njbuck.. I'd be glad to see the pictures and read the story. How bout yours hammerman, got a quick story for us?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, hows everyone doing. The pics will be posted by this afternoon, my camera was dead and i couldnt find the charger but i finally got it and its charging as we speak. Ill post pics along with a story as we speak. The score will probably come at the end of the week though, im getting a European mount done and my friend should get that back to me by the end of the week. He put a really really rough score on him and came up with about 100 inches, so he should be somewhere around 105 and change, we will see.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys, sorry for the wait, but here is the pic of my buck. Here is the story. On Friday, 11/14, i had to go help my brother get some paperwork squared away in out shop. By the time that all ended, i had about an hour of light left and there is a tiny strip of woods that connects an airport and a golf course, a highway for the deer. I wasnt planning on going and hunting that afternoon, but at the last minute i said why not. Good thing i did. I knew from hunting there two other times that there was 2 grey fox running around back there and really wanted to take one. I actually came to full draw 5 or 6 times a week earlier on one of the fox but it was simply too dark. Anyhow, in my mind i wasnt expecting to see a deer, but was hoping for a shot at a fox. After i got dressed and was walking down the path, i came around a bend in the cattails that we walk through and spooked off a nice 8 point which was under my stand. I said to myself, that figures, my shot at a nice buck for the year and i was 10 minutes late. I was pissed. I climbed in the stand and knew that the fox wouldnt show till last light so i was just watching the birds and squirrels when i heard something in the cattails behind me. I turned to see the cattails parting like the sea, but i couldnt see a deer. It was walking right towards my stand, but at about 40 yards out, it turned and walked to my left. Now it was in some real nasty thickets, and i still hadnt seen the animal. It was on a steady walk the entire time, but it was simply too thick to see anything. Finally it crossed a small openning and i saw only one side of the rack and said im taking it if i get a chance. He made it to about 50 yards away when i finally saw his entire body and that is when i grunted to him. He instantly stopped when i grunted and looked my way. I grunted again and here he came, head down plowing over the cattails and thickets in his way. He finally got out of the thick stuff and had all branches in his rack so i couldnt tell how many points he had for sure. He trotted 4 steps from my stand when he stopped and looked up. There was no time for me to draw on him since he was coming at me. He needed to take one more step but he didnt, helooked up and froze. A half second later he turned and made three leaps away from me and instinct took over and i drew down on him. He then turned 13 yards or so from my tree and turned broadside to look at what i was. Thats all i needed and the arrow was on its way. I heard the hit and could have sworn it was a perfect hit, but he didnt mule kick, he simply took three more small hops away from me and was standing in a shooting lane looking around.I was saying to myself how the heck could i have missed, so i slowly started reaching for another arrow when all of a sudden he took a deep breath and i saw a red mist come out of both sides of him. He then fell over dead about 20 yards from my stand. It felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. I started calling everyone i knew to tell them the news. I called my brother who i was with earlier and said, " Nick, can you bring the truck over, i just shot a nice 8 pt" he was all pumped up and started to say congrats to me, when i had to cut him off. " Nick I have to go, here comes a fox!" The fox came to about 8 yards out and i pinned him to the ground. One of my best hunts ever, and it was all on a night when i wasnt expecting to even hunt.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Great job guys, congrats on the bucks! I'm still hunting, so don't count me out yet, still alot of season to go here. I'm finally starting to get some pictures of somedecent ones too. Keep plugging away guys!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job. Nice buck. He looks like 100+ to me..
Old 11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all a great thanksgiving. Try not to eat too much. Ill be hunting a ton over this long weekend, Im really looking forward to it. Have a afe and happy one.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Congrats NJ! Thats a good looking deer and great story. Sorry I haven't been updating you guys much. I've been busy busting my butt to get a buck and cannot come through. Passed a few 120s and should have had a 140 in Illinois but decided to pass being the first day and high winds. Should have shot him but its a lot easier to say now. Anyways, I am still hopeful on getting one during late season.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? I havent been out in the woods much this week, actually only on monday cause i came down with the flu monday night, but luckily i think the worst is behind me. Anyhow, ill be taking the rest of the week off and will be back at it on monday. How are you guys making out? Since i was sick all week, i havent been able to pick my buck up from my buddy who was european mounting him for me. Hopefully today ill be able to get him and put a score to him.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.