Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Community

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 11-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Great looking buck Brad. I am hoping for something even close to that.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, I have had a great year and am now on a mission to get my wife set up on a big buck! Not an easy task this time of year. Fun will be had by all no matter what though. Good luck the rest of the season folks!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Our rifle season starts on Monday.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I hope everyone hada safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Ron, I will be out on Monday with the rest of the orange army in 4c.

Good luck.

Paul
Old 11-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone had any luck of late?? The wife and I haven't even been out this week! Season slowly winding down, but I am still anxious to get her out there for the coming weekends' 2nd firearm season. Good luck everyone!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving...... And... A Great looking Buck you got there Brad, Congrats Again
I got a Double a few weeks ago,A Doe from my treestand ( I already posted her pic )and I then climbed down and sat on the ground 20 yards from my downed doe and hoped she would bring in a buck. When the 2nd deer showed up I was suprised to seewhat I thought was another doe coming to my downed doe at 25 yards. She was big and dark and had a bushy forehead like a buck but there were no antlers or buttons so I shot her only to find she was actually a 2 1/2 old buck that never grew a rack. I was disapointed in my lack of I dentification but on the up side I had many local hunters thanking me for removing him from the herd.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out Thanksgiving am and had this doe give me a 23 yard quartering away shot

Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I got the last Doe on Thanksgiving at the park where I am bowhuntingthe Natural Area's Manager wanted to bring his blood tracking 8 month old dog named Copper that he is training out to practice blood tracking since the doe only went 70 yards.
This little dog he got at the pound and to see her in person it is obvious that she is part Blood Hound, and I swear when she see's you take the deer cart out of the truck she gets so excited cause she knows what she is about to do. She is an awesome blood tracking dog for only 8 months old
Here is her pic.
On the down side I was bowhunting a dead fall above a creek bottom the other day where I expected the Big 10 pointer to come out. 2 Doe's show up at 35 yards as a 4 pointer works his way by, then a 6 pointer shows up grunting and checks out the 2 does. The doe's work their way to 15 yards behind me and the deadfall as I look across the creek there at 55 yards stands the 10 pointer stareing at the does behind me, then I can only assume the wind shifted and the 10 pointer turned at took off back where he came from.[:@]

Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Wow you are really putting the nannys down this year Lady Forge. Congrats. I hope that you get the 10 that your after.

My season has been a bust so far. I didn't see anything the first day, and on the second day, I saw at least 17. The only problem is, I had to push them all out of the beds. They are bedding in the strangest places too. Not what I would think as a bedding area. Wide open about 10 to 15 feet from the top of a hill. I am probably going to put the rifle up again and use the bow. I will be hunting private property for the rest of the season, and the area isn't getting hit that hard so I should have a good chance.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Well I hunted Friday and had 7 deer come in. One good buck that I took a shot at and hit him but could tell exactly where the impact was. I thought it was a good shot right behind the shoulder. I got down and checked the spot that I hit him at and had real goodbright redblood at the spot. I backed out and took me stuff to the truck which was away from where he ran. It was about 2 hours later when I picked up the blood trail. I tracked him for about 300 yards when I kicked him out of his bed. I completely backed out and went home for the night and figured I would give him the night to bleed out. I was back in the woods at sunrise and picked up his blood trail again from where I kicked him out of his bed. I looked at it carefully and seen the blood. Not nearly what I was hoping for. There was only a small puddle of about 2 - 3 inches in diameter. I tracked him another 200 yards only seeing little specks of blood. I kicked him out of another bed after climbing a hill and he acted like he was never hit. I found that bed and seen just a drop of blood up near where his front shoulder would have been. So either I pulled the shot or it deflected at the last moment and just cut him a little. Sorry guys, I was not able to put up any points for the team but had a great time this year and I know that I will have some good bucks running that area next year.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.