Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

I was out all day yesterday. The morning was poor to say the least. It was drizzling when I first got to the tree, but as I started to climb, it started to open up with a heavy rain. It didn't last long, about 20 minutes but long and hard enough to get soaked. It made it pretty miserable. I thought that since it finished raining, the deer would be moving, but it wasn't the case. Saw only 1 doe. That afternoon I relocated to a totally different area. The first couple of hours where very slow. I even thought about calling it quites and head for home. I keep saying "give it 15 more minutes". Well at about 4:00 it started. 3 doe came hauling butt right at me. On a dead run the lead doe picked me out and came to a complete hault. She turned a trotted to the left, taking the other two with her. As soon as they left the area, another deer comes right from where they did. I was thinking it was a buck on the chase, but it wasn't. Another doe that ran right to my tree. I had my orange vest on a bush at the base of the tree to mark my location (law due to small game hunters). I got a good chuckle out of her because she was maybe a foot away from the vest, bobbing her head and stomping at it to get it to move. It didn't and she gave up but didn't like the situation so took of down the hill. About 15 minutes later I see two more deer running from the same area they came from acoss the woods about 75-80 yards away but I couldn't tell what they where. Some time passed, (maybe 30 minutes) and I could hear deer moving of to my right down the hill coming from the direction that those two deer ran to. I couldn't see them so I grunted three times. Here comes a deer to investigate. It came in through some small pines so I could tell what it was until it was right there. A good buck. It spotted me and looked at me for about 10 seconds and then carried on. It started moving to the left. I drew back and followed him. He stopped about 20 yards away and I let it fly. I heard a loud crack. The deer took off and I thought hell yeah! After about 10 minutes I got down to check the damage to find out only a few white hairs and no blood. Hanging in the middle between the where the deer was and I was a broken tree limb that I didn't see. So the tally is bucks-2 me-0. First one I was high and this one was low. I guess the next one will be right on the money.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Ron,

thats to bad.. sounds like you have a positive attitude. good luck. with your hunting this. year.

i have one more morning to hunt this week on monday so i hope it goes well. i saw my first deer in Indiana so i proved to myself that there are deer here.. so i will contiune to hunt. i got 'moved' from my spot by the brother of the land owner so not i am hunting fence rows and subprime areas. the brother is supposed to meet with me and take me to some different properties. but he has never shown up yet. i am looking forward to these other areas. but for now i will be sitting in unproductive areas hoping for the best. i have heard some whopper stories and am still excited. i am waiting for december because school will be done and i will have 3-4 days a week to hunt in the late archery season here that last 3 weeks. i am holding out for the cold weather and hoping that no one else will be as persistent as me and i will be alone on these 'new' properties.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

do you think they will make an exception to the rules for our team i just put down my biggest buck ever. i do not seem to know how to put in pictures

Old 11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp212/cterbow1/DSC00115.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp212/cterbow1/DSC00113.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp212/cterbow1/DSC00109.jpg
Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Chris, nice buck. Congrats. What do you need the rules bent for, unless you dont havea pic with the bow in it.

Oh no say it aint so.

Either way a real nice deer.

Paul
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

No, i have already entered a buck into the contest. also i did not get pics with the bow because i knew this fact. if they bent the rules for me i still couldget the pic with the bow.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't been able to check out the pics yet, since I am at work and photobucket doesn't load up, but congrats. Have you scored your first one yet?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Ron, i wish i would have read the rules more closely because i would never shot my spike. sorry for the team.... in that regards. but i am excited now for next season as i have gained even more 'virgin ground' to hunt.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Don't worry about it, you are doing more for the team then I am, as I have yet to put anything on the ground. I am hoping that changes either tomorrow or Saturday. Bucks are finally running solo and I am seeing good deer numbers running around in fields.

Beautiful buck you took. Thats what I am after, but I am saying it now, I am lowering my standards becauseI am tired of eating tag soup.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats cterbow, that is a great buck. I love the mass on that bad boy, he must have been an old sucker. It doeesn't matter about the contest, you did a great job, don't feel down about anything...hell, I think you're the only points we have so far.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.