Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Community

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Hey, great kill cterbow!! The deer are falling like the rain now that november is near because I scored on a nice 9 point buck this morning! Not as big as my bow buck last season, but a good buck in my book.

Yep we are climbing the board slow but sure.....he came in around 10 til 8am this morning draggin' his feet on the way back to the bedding area through the bean stubble and I slowed him down a bit! Made a good 32 yard shot and heard him pile up at about 70 yards in the deepest nastiest ditch you could ever imagine....needless to say the winch and polaris came in handy!It was really too easy, he just came on a rope to me....no calling at all but I will take him anyday. Here are the pics.....

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Brad congrats on a real nice buck. Glad to see our team is on the move.

Just got back,nothing tonight. Nada, zip, zilch. Nothing moved at alland the farmer cut a load of corn yesterday so I was hoping for a little action. Well maybe tomorrow.

Paul
Old 10-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

nice buck, team 3 is going now. what do you figure he will score. i am yet to see a buck that big within bow range.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

guys i am going to need some help scoring this guy. i have never done it before. what would it look like for this deer to post it in the message.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

Score is on the way....he field dressed 225lbs. I am thinking he will score in the high 120s to mid 130s. I am scoring him right now! Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Deleted post wrong link.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bucks guys! Hopefully we will have continued success. I have to work thru tuesday. Than I am off for three weeks which will all be devoted to bowhunting.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Great bucks guys! I'll be getting out a lot here in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I can add to the scoring. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

He ended up scoring just 129 7/8, a little shy of what I had hoped but he is nice and will look good in the trophy room! Good luck the rest of the weekend and DABOWHUNTER.........IM JEALOUS!! Good luck!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats bhunter50, that is a great buck, I love his width.

I have been seeing a lot of deer on the move in the past 3 or 4 days. I watched a couple 2 year old 8 points make scrapes and other smaller bucks dogging does. I think the bucks are ready the does just aren't cooperating. They are definately getting on their feet and cruising the scrape and rub lines checking for that first hot doe. I still haven't seen a mature buck on his feet, but I have a picture of a pretty good one that I have my eyes on. I will post a picture of him when I get the picture off my laptop on to here. Good luck to everyone else, looks like were are getting back in the game.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.