Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Community

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Congrats Brad. I celebrated 12 years last Sunday. The best thing is she looks better now then she did when I married her.

Good Luck to you Tribal. I see that you are capable of taking some big beautiful buck.

I am in PA so I can only take 1 buck and as many doe tags as you can buy if they are not sold out for that region. I bought two and two for my son. I will only try to fill one tag but wanted to keep my options open to which region I hunt.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got my first Bull monday in NM. First day of hunt at last light. He was laying in his bed when I arrowed him at 45 yards. He only went twenty yards before expiring. Now I can run up to my farm for opening weekend for WT.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Don, congrats onyour bull sure is a nice one. I had elk once it was goooooood.Sounds like you put a good stalk on him to be able toshoot him in his bed.

Paul
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your bull. One day I will hopefully get the chance. Opener was today and could of stuck a young 7 pointer still in velvet. He was right under me so cool to see. I think that is the first velvet deer I have ever saw from stand. Hopefully the 2 bigger bucks will be around tommorrow.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I am heading over to my land Sunday. Hopefully the rain will hold off for a while.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Welp, I'm officially hitched!! We had an amazing time and I can't wait to get some pics on here of the reception with the camo vests and the antler decor!!

Opening day is coming up in just two shortweeks......got goosebumps just thinking about it!! We are pumped up about the coming season.....especiallysince one of my landowners and I were talking at my reception and he told me that he saw a monster buck in a foodplot on one of our farms....always good news!! Good luck guys/gals and congrats dabowhunter on the bull, I am envious and that makes me even more bloodthirsty!!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

dabowhunter.. Congrats on the Bull that is awesome

Me I have been working 6 days a week with it being our busy season at the bow shop, but I did get some stands hung and a little bit ofDoe patterning done to get that Doe 1st.
October 1st is season opening here so I am counting down the days
Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

Last archery shoot this weekend, I am working the shoot and going to set up a bowhunter friendly course. Should be fun, last chance for the locals to dust off them bows before opening day...should be packed!!! I hope I can sneak away from the club house to hit the range myself. Later guys!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Got the trusty old Bowtech out last night for the first time this year. First three shots were in the bulls eye. Shot a few more times then put it away
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone, I am still here, just been busy with work lately. I work a two week on, two week off (14/14)schedule, so I have been busy the last week I have been home. My schedule didn't really hit very good this year, I go back to work the day before season opens and have to miss the first 2 weeks of bow season. It's ok, I have until the 15th of Jan. to connect. I finally got some pictures of bucks on my camera. Two of the bucks are mature deer, but not monsters. One of them is a clean 8 with decent mass, good G2's, and short on thr brows and G3's. The other is a 10 pt w/a kicker at the base of his left brow tine. This one has a lot of good character, he is just short on the the G2's & 3's. Then I am getiing 4 or 5 other 2 1/2 yr olds and younger. Sorry for the rambling, just getting excited, it's almost here.

Here are some pictures from this weekend:

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.