Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41) >

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 41 kicks arse

Was hunting withmy ML, not my bow. Saw plenty of movement though.

Forgot to mention: Congrats Huck on the slickhead!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Saw plenty of deer,0 shooters[&:]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Ive been out scouting getting ready for rifle season, theres not much sign. I figured there be lots of scrapes and rubs up here but theres not much. Whats it like in your guys area.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM

well its been surprisingly slow for being the first week in November, but then again this whole year has been weird. Everyone in the area is saying the same thing and from my recollection it doesnt seem like there are nearly as many bucks on here as previous contests. who knows, but it'll be good this weekend with the cold weather on the way
Old 11-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just spent 3.5 days hunting non-stop out on 600 acres of private land and didn't see a shooter the whole time. I saw lots of movement, especially early in the evening, and saw several small bucks and does but no sign the rut was in full swing. Saw bucks sparring and does ignoring the whole deal. Did hear some grunting but no real chasing going on. Weather was a bit warm but cool enough mornings and evenings. My Dad did manage to shoot a 98" class 8 pointer and a bud missed/nicked a dark racked buck of the same caliber.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 AM

guys......... I had a crazy weekend, and ended up missing a monster 150+ buck Sunday night. I had just climbed up and was trimming branches (I had never sat here before) and ranging my shots when I look in front of me and here he came walking right down the crick. I got ready when I noticed one branch hadn't been snapped all the way off and it was slowly inching back to its original position. I draw back as he's ready to step out, and free my bow from the branch but the buck decides to stop and get a drink and I have no shot at him, and all the while the branch is creeping closer. he finally steps out and looks at me and I settle the pin and shoot... CRACK arrow goes diving off the buck runs 50 yards and looks around. soooo thats how my season seems to be going this year, and I wanted to cry. but regardless I sat for the rest of the night and saw two more shooters but they didnt present me a shot.
I got this weekend to do the job before gun season so I'll do what I can
Good Luck
Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have yet to have a shooter within range, the rut is just starting to make the deer move all day here in PA, so hopefully by saturday i will be able to put one in the dirt, if not i will be hunting with a bow during some of gun season in residential areas, and also in our late archery season if somehow i dont get a buck by then. Its just disappointing to not even have a buck down for our team.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its just disappointing to not even have a buck down for our team.
Races are generally won within the few final lenghts. We're just not ready to unleash the reigns. Keep your head in the game boyz.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 PM

well if things had gone right I should've got us a helluva good jump, I got three hunts left this weekend, and I know exactly where I'm going
Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Its just disappointing to not even have a buck down for our team.
Races are generally won within the few final lenghts. We're just not ready to unleash the reigns. Keep your head in the game boyz.
Well guys I broke the ice for us, it's not my biggest or smallest.

2.5 year old 8 point, will have pictures and score soon. He should break 110''

Quick Reply: Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.