Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41) >

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Community

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 41 kicks arse

Well guys atleast some good news for me, i got a free saturday to hunt finally, and possibly the last one of the season. So i plan on headed home to hunt a few of the better bucks i have trail cam pics of.

As for the stands, no word on where they seem to have walked off to, personally i think the gas man took them since they were right along a gas well road and a new card was in the gas box the day it went missing. I hope i can put some points on the board for us this weekend!

Good luck guys and shoot straight!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heavy rains predicted for this evening and tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Talondale

I have seen 4 booners in the rain, worst the weather the bigger the buck.

I will be in the tree all day Saturday and Sunday
Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get em Gary! You 're the man!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

I want to be in the woods so ad guys its just a perfect night. There is no wind you would here the deer coming from miles. Its cold but not to cold its just perfect. Im out of tags though it makes me so mad. good luck to u guysI almost went down the the woods just to sit tonight. Is that weird?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

The problem with heavy downpours is tracking is difficult. Hard to let him lay for an hour if the trail is being washed away. A mist or after a rain is ok but during a heavy downpourcould just lead to a heartbreaking loss. Was raining hard Saturday morning and then I had company in the afternoon. Going during lunch and after work today.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The elk hunting has come to a close for me. I had one local friend who hadn't filled his tag. He and I spent Saturday and Sunday beating the bush-no luck whatsoever. At least that was the case for elk...

The Good Lord gave me a special gift on Sunday. I had a ringside seat to the Bighorn's annual head slamming contest. The winner got his way with all the cute ewes present. The sounds were incredible! Here are some photos....Enjoy:

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107087/

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107082/

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107082/

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107081/

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107078/field_/

http://www.camospace.com/gallery/view/id_107080/

Back after deer this coming weekend!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

The problem with heavy downpours is tracking is difficult. Hard to let him lay for an hour if the trail is being washed away. A mist or after a rain is ok but during a heavy downpourcould just lead to a heartbreaking loss. Was raining hard Saturday morning and then I had company in the afternoon. Going during lunch and after work today.
Down pour I do not hunt either.

Well I seen a lot of deer this weekend, I choose not to shoot a 11 point scores around 110-120.

Sunday night a big fat doe came by, plain and simple I made a bad shot. First deer I have gut shot in 24 years of hunting. I am disgusted with myself. I let her lay for 6 hours and then went to find her. I found a pile, I mean a pile of guts, and then some blood. Then nothing, I have no idea where this deer went, plain and simple does not make sense. I know it was a bad shot, but she did not run off, she walked very slowly. She was really hurt, she's dead and I cannot find her. I even got the tractor out and drove through the CRP.

Going to float the river and see if she went swimming, I searched all night and into the morning. Not the first deer i lost and won't be the last. I do not get to workup over a lost deer, life goes on. I cannot believe I made such a poor shot, she did move, but it's still my fault.
100% my fault[:@] I have grown way to arrogant with my shooting, time to refocus
Old 10-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics of rams Huck.

Sorry you lost her Germ.

Saw two bodies moving through the woods at lunch. Wind is just crazy switching directions.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Chuck, it was fun watching them. Time simply slipped away Sunday afternoon. I felt like I was in Heaven.

Gary,

You have my utmost respect. Take care of business brother.

Quick Reply: Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.