Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41) >

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Old 10-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: yesterday's Wyoming adventure

110 lbs couldnt be happier accept I cant hunt any more til rifle

Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

another

Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Bartender

Congrats fellow blood brotha on a nice kill.
Way to go!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

I want to be in the woods so bad i cant believe i filled my tags
Old 10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Bartender

Well I lost a deer after last nights gun hunt. I did my best but still lost my first one since I was 18 or 19 yrd old so it sucks.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:37 PM

sorry to hear that man, it sucks, went thru that this year already myself.

as for me I am having withdrawels this week, I didnt go home to hunt the Tzone hunt and I really have the yearnin to be tucked away in a tree bout now. Bucks are scraping and rubbing heavy back home and I can't wait to get there this weekend and hopefully wrap my hands around some horn!

Congrats ryncam, not a bad year for ya.. hopefully the rest of us can enjoy some of the success you have!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, i was out scouting this new piece of land i have permission to hunt up here at school, 5 mins from my house.. nehow i found a nice rub line going past my stand about 70 yards away, and some hot trails now that the leaves are falling and can see where they are kicked up... well i followed the rub line to a thicket, decided to go around it to not spook anything bedding in there, well on the other side again i pick up the rub line and some scrapes. Next thing you know i see a ladder and follow it up to a stand in a beautiful spot that i wish i had. This is when i notice it, yep CORN spread all over the place, and it is illegal to bait here in PA. My dad said i should have taken the ladder which was not locked. Instead i left a message with the land owner to see if he might know anyone else who is hunting there and talk to them b4 calling the PGC.

But that is how my season is going so far, all i have been seeing is small baskets, and house cats. Hopefully it will pick up here soon and i will see one worth burning the tag on.

Shoot Straight
Old 10-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys, just checking in.

Well I seen what I believe to be mature buck twice this weekend. I watch him Saturday night about 10 yds from my stand, that I was not in[:@] SE winds are killing me, I know where the deer are, I just cannot hunt them in East wnds.
I killed a yote sunday morning, I have never bothered to take a picture of one, and never will Plus his buddies ate him[:'(]

Keep at it!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Ryan, Tagging out must be a terrible feeling this early. Can't say I know that feeling, never done it. LOL.

Sorry to hear that peak.

Me, I had a fun Saturday morning. I didn't see anything Friday evening behind work but it was a good setup, perfect wind, about two bushels of apples on the ground (small apple grove) and an overcast sky. Just no deer. Saturday I put the sneak on a large flock of turkey with my ghillie suit but didn't have the same outcome as Huck. I had several shots at turkey but guess I was misjudging the distance.

There were also 7 does bedded nearby that I didn't see until I was out of arrows. It appears the ghillie works but my shooting needs some work. LOL.

That evening I saw seven more deer, two at 40 yards, all does. I also saw a grey fox, Great horned owl, and skunk or groundhog (not sure). My buddies have been seeing some big bucks on the move but I've only seen a spike so far.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like the buck activity is picking up just about every were. I wish i could of been in the woods tonight. They are calling for achance of snow tonight. Im sure the deer moved tonight butI tagged out. I went and bought my first muzzleloader today pretty excited to try it out. I also bought my dad a new 308 and a scope. It was for christmas just gave it to him early so he could use it this year.

Quick Reply: Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.