Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Good luck MO... i hope you stick one of them...

Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Got one this morning, was a hectic day of running around, getting it to the taxi and cutting it up, soon as the wife gets out of the bathroom, I will be taking her out to dinner/movie for our anniversary.

So, didn't get a chance to get teh pictures off of my dads camera, but will post as soon as I can.

Quick estimates put is it at around 135, 20ish mainbeams, 10" G2's, 8" G3's, busted off browtines, broken off G4, might be close to 20" mass measurements on each side, kinda a heavy rack, 16" inside spread. 190lb deer with a 29" neck.........

Don't see how I can get at those photos before tomorrow at the earliest.......still freakin jacked about this buck
Old 12-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congats WI.... can't wait to see the pics. Nice work... always has to happen on anniversary, etc...

Have a good night... we'll check back in the AM>

Old 12-06-2008, 10:04 PM

couldn't stand it, had to run over and get the pictures from my dad, after our date night

so, one of the guys is me and the other the old man (i am the ugly one)

Wearing orange because the beginning of the 2nd season (bow season) runs concurrent with the 7 day muzzleloading season here.

Double lung shot, ran about 10 yards after the shot, (3 blade rage) and walked 20-30 yards after that, layed down, then expired.

The blood on his head and on his horns was there before I shot him. The really strange part about it......this is what was following him (zoomed and brightened to show the colors better, apologize for the clarity, it is a low megapixel camera and the batteries were just about dead so could only get one picture.)

His one horn was covered in wet blood, it was shiny/glistening. When we butchered the buck I got, over his right eye was a big gouge, behind the horn there was also a cut, and on his neck we found 2 puncture marks about 2-3" deep. Thinking this 2nd buck got into him pretty good, just before I shot him.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i gotta say congrats. work has been hell for me and i have been able to get out. but we got our first good snowstorm coming in this week so you better believe i'll be out.

Congrats again. that boy got some mass.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wi... That is an awesome buck... He may score higher w/ that mass! Nice work... interesting about the other buck and blood. They have some tough fights....
Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great buck Wiaxle. Congrat's kind of a weird story with the blood and all.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Went back and took alook at some of the early season film and I think that the buck I got yesterday is this one http://hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2974809&mpage=22&key= (about halfway down page 22)

Gonna head over to the taxi in 30 minutes or so, hopefully she has the horns ready to go, will try and throw a tape on them and get us entered into the official contest......
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know the fight can be brutal. one year me and my grandfather killed buck less than a mile apart. his had a broken tip on a tine. mine had that matching piece drove through the skin and into the skull.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Spike

Look at that mass! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.