Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Congrats WI... nice one.
Well guys... sorry to disappoint and let the team down, but archery season is winding down around here now... I may get out a couple of more times this week, but it is not looking good.
Had the worst bow season in years. Just plain bad luck I guess... There is always next season. Maybe if I do sneak out this week the God's will be looking down favorably on me!
Keep it up boys... I'll still be around...

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know how ya feel western. this has been one of my worst years as well. at least so far. i think i did find out where all my deer went though.

when does your season end western? i still got til jan 15.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow ends this Sat. I will be in upstate NY for a mz hunt Thurs - Tues.
Shotgun starts here Monday after Thanksgiving. I will do some gun hunting. MZ here runs to 12/31.
I'm sure I will slip out to a couple of spots w/ the bow during gun season, but not much.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I caught this 9 pointer on his way back to bed this morning. He was licking branches and refreshing scrapes. He took his time getting to my shooting lane and I was debating and debating on weather to take him or not. I actually passed on him earlier in the season but decided to do the deed. There was a bigger ten out there that I was wanting but I havent seen him in many hunts. Its hard to tell from the pic but his tines are ivory on the tips with dark bases. I'm real happy with him and will score him and get him entered by the end of the week. Good luck on your hunts guys I hope you get the one your after. Chris Miles

Old 11-17-2008, 08:28 PM

Awesome buck Motown, congratulations!!!!!!!

My hunting this year has definitely not been what I had hoped it would be. Today I had a nice 9 pointer (figure about 110-120) come by and pose for me at 19 yards this morning and again at 15 yards this evening. I have had this buck under 20 yards 5 times this year. Had another 8 pointer (heavy horned but would be surprised if he would break 110) at 24 yards tonite, (4th time for him in range) I have had numerous 2-3 year old bucks inside of 30 yards, many of the multiple times, but nothing that made the knees go weak. Best I have had is a nice 140ish 8 pointer at 18 yards a couple weeks ago, but he wouldn't clear the bush he was standing behind [:@] Had a nice 130+ 10 pointer come in to about 50 yards this morning, don't know if he would have been a shooter.

I know there are at least 4 150's running around, but I can't figure out where the heck they are........going on day 12 of hunting, two more days then back to work, then this weekend gun season opens up and the odds of any of the bigger boys making it are in serious doubt.....

But enough of that, CONGRATS again Motown, awesome buck.........
Old 11-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck MO.... congrats.. He is bigger than anything I have ever taken. Nice job. Pig of a body on him too.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Chris !

Maybe that's what we needed to get us started I'm off next week and plan to get a bunch of hunting in. Found some fresh scrapes over the weekend in a place I haven't hunted yet this year.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. way to get it started. makes me wanna get on it even harder.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Spike

Congrats on the nice buck....we finally got the ball rolling!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

the picture doesn't show up on the thread, i checked the score thread and couldn't see it there either. Anyone know why that is? Congrats on the buck Chris! can't wait to see a pic.

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.