Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

I went out this afternoon and things were looking good before I even got in the field. While changing at my truck, a doe crossed the road behind me, followed by triplets that were really small, maybe born late?? Then while walking in a saw two more deer moving around and eating. I thought I would see some action even though it was about 70 and a bit windy. But of course I thought wrong and only saw two fawns. Hopefully I will have better luck in the next week or so.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Well, starting on the 7th, I will have off till I go back to work on the 17th.

Hoping for some good encounters, or at least to see some deer, luck be with me something will be by and I will get an opportunity to take a good shot.......

I am so jacked that I can barely sit still.............
Old 11-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck WI... I'm sure you will be successful.

Went out again last night... saw a bobcat... but no deer.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

man did twildasin have some bad luck. he puts the first buck down and then you have that kind of person around at just that time.....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

bucks are starting to chase. had a doe in the pasture and when i grunted to try to get the buck behind them to slow down the doe took off like i shot her with a 50 cal.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sucks for TW... that is just wrong...

I went out last night to NY... no kills, but finally had some action.
Brother in law & I set up about 30 yards apart w/ our climbers in an orchard that is just getting torn up. 1/2 hour before dark here comes a nice 6 or 8 point dogging a doe. He chased her all around us. He was at full draw at 12 yards, but it was too thick. He had to come another 5 feet or so.. instead he cut out after the doe onto a powerline. They came up past me at about 40 yards at dark... not a comfortable shot.
Finally had some action... looked like a 2.5 year old... which is a trophy around here

Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea i'm thinking bout switching to a different property. been seeing alot of deer, just no legal ones. only got till saturday before rifle season opens.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya... i just the ok on a new property in NY. I am going to hunt it tonight. I went over and walked it yesterdy. there are definately deer around. old appletrees & oaks. Lots of tacks. Should at least be good for a baldy!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

has anyone heard from rob lately. i figured he would have already put one of those kentucky monsters down by now.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

No luck for me yet Had a great time with Gri22ly. He had us on deer every time out. Since I just started hunting last year I have only seen a limited number of bucks from my stand. Usually spikes and some forkies. I'm not really interested in shooting them just because they are bucks.. I'd rather let them grow. Anywho....Last Tuesday morning I had two does come trotting in head on towards my stand followed by the biggest buck I had ever seen from a stand. Unfortunately at about 18 yards they decide to turn to their right, all my shooting lanes are to the left.[:'(] They ended up behind me for about 10 minutes and then left the same way they came[:@] No shots presented. I guessed him at 120. Gri22ly hunted there a few days later and saw him too. He put him at 120-130. Even with no shot being taken it was quite awesome to see one that close ! Had a great time with Gri22ly, and plan on making it an anual trip ! He and his family welcomed me into their home like they've known me for years. It's modern gun here the next two weeks so I'll probably not get back out til I'm off the week of Thanksgiving. Just something about wearing orange while bowhunting I may try it though....not sure if I can wait two weeks Good luck to everyone. Hope we get on the board soon !

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.