Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

you dont even wanna know how many hours i've put in. and i'll i've got is a coyote. patience is a virtue
I know... going to a spot w/ my buddy tonight... a bunch of fresh rubs & scrapes just popped up. We will tag team it and see what happens. I need a change of scenery anyway.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

had a buck get to within 10 yards of me on the ground this morning. only 1 problem. he only had 3 points. and mwas missing the other side of his rack. so i know someone bigger than him is running around. i got it on video but cant firgure out how to get it off my sony.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Headed out in a few minutes to hunt with gri22ly for a few days at Pennyrile State Park (about 4 hours away). He's always on some good sized bucks so maybe I'll get us on the board. I'm off all week so when I get back I'll be hunting around home.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't get out this weekend. Went pheasant hunting Sat AM... we got 5 and missed one... we each should have had our 2... nice morning out. Had a bday party Sat night for wife's cousin. No hunting on Sunday in MA. I will be out this afternoon.
Mo... you a are better man than I... I would have poked a hole in him in a heartbeat!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

been doing a lot of duck hunting the last week due to strong winds and rain. WEnt out this am and had 3 does come in as soon as i got set up in my seat at about 6am. they fed for a little then walked off before i had good light [:@]
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Well, last weekend was the end of the october lull around here I hope,

Guy that has been hunting the property all week has had to beat off the bucks with a stick, unfortunately for him, there has been nothing close enough for him to take a shot at.

He just called me 30 minutes ago and said he had watched a fork and a 6 pointer breed a doe about 40 yards from his stand, yesterday there were reports of a doe being breed in the field behind the plant I work at about noon......hoping this is just a really early rut for some of the does, my week off for hunting isnt for another 7 days.......but I did manage to get a half day of vacation to sneak out to the woods for a quick 4 hour hunt tomorrow
Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea luckily my county in under AR so i couldn't shoot him anyway. Went out the next morning and had a little goofy 5x3 come in. but he wasn't big enough. i know there is a bigger one out there. Been watching the same 3 does with a little yearling everynight but they just wont turn and come my way.
I know my lull is over. yesterday morning there was 5 wreck from people hitting deer in one morning and my wife almost hit 3 in her brand new explorer last night. if she totals that i'm gonna start shooting everything in sight.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had any luck... but the bucks are chasing around here as well... brother in law shot a doe being chased by a fork horn Wed pm.
He just called and said there was a small buck chasing a doe on a nearby gas line as well.
Can't hunt tonight... trick or treat w/ the girls. I will be out there tomorrow AM.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 PM

Had a nice 8 pointer come in tonite, watched him come in following a doe, (hunting a swamp) got into an area about 50-60 yards away and couldn't see him anymore, 5 minutes later heard some crashing and he was on the trail of a 2-3 year old 9 pointer (110-120ish)

The 9 pointer came in as close as 14 yards, the 8 pointer gave a grunt and snort wheeze, and the 9 pointer proceeded to wander in down wind of me and got a little spooky, now whether he scented me or saw me in the stand, in a monster 8" diameter tree with no cover 15feet in the air, I don't know, but the 8 pointer wouldn't clear the brush he was behind at 18 yards.

The 9 wandered off and I watched the 8 for the next 45 minutes or so mosey on deeper into the swamp away from me.

He was 18-20" inside spread, figure about 140 +/- 5" all depends on what the G2's measured out at taking a guess at 10-11" but could have been 9", but don't think they were that short.

Best buck I have seen this close this year, things are starting to get interesting
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

My goal for this year:

This picture is right under my stand, but so far I haven't had him in close enough while I was in the stand

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.