Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Good luck guys ! Hopefully one of you will get us on the board !

On a side note....I am just about to pull the trigger on a Diamond Marquis. In 06 when I thought I might like to try bow hunting I bought my Alpine Frontier. It was relatively inexpensive so I wasn't out a whole lot if things didn't pan out. Well, now that I'm hooked I think it's time to upgrade
Old 10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear it is a great bow...
Good luck w/ it.. Let us know how you make out...
I still love my Mathews!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

What a beautiful opening morning. It was about 45 degrees with no wind. The woods was so quiet. sat till about 930 then got down.only saw a little button buck that i have some pictures of on my trail cam.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seen a big 8 running with a really big ten last night about 1/2 hour before dark. They were both shooters but the ten was really high and wide with a few kickers. I have a stand over by where they were comming from. I didn't hunt this morning hopeing they might come from the same area this evening. I want that big wide main frame ten. Headed out about 3 to sit for the evening. Chris
Old 10-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

anything with horns is down for me. I wish that yearling this orning didnt have nubs he gave me some perfect shots at 12 yards.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

glad to hear you guys are seeing deer. I'm w/ you bowman... anything with antler gets it around here. I will be heading to NY on a bowhunt in the Finger Lake region the week before Thanksgiving. The guy has a couple thousand acres of very intensley managed bow only hunting. Last time I hunted there I passed ona couple of 115" or so 8's. Saw a nice 140 class out of range. Saw more bucks there than I did in Pike County, IL a couple of years earlier.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Man western take me with you. I didn't see anything last night except maybe 20 or more squirells [:@]gonna have to do some critter managment soon. Gonna go hang a seat closer to my house in an hour or so.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i think this week is gonna be crap for me. the farmers are cuttin corn and beans and my land doesn't border either one of those. plus i'm looking at three days of rains this week.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Had an eventful day on Friday. I got out to my stand about 3:00 in the afternoon. About 5:00 I hear a Polaris driving around the property(rifle hunters out checking their stands) I'm hunting a riverbottum bu the way, cattails everywhere. Anyway, I watch these three through the binocs, and finally they're on their way back to the truck to head home. Then they stop, and I lose 'em. a few seconds later I see them on foot, look back to where the polaris was...and I see flames. So I get down and start headin back up to the old place that I come through to get to my stand. By now the flames are spreading well, like wildfire. the fire deptwas already on the way, at least they called the fire dept. So anyway, i spent the rest of the evening watching firetrucks, and local farmers with tractors and discs drive all over the river bottum. The fire took out about 160 acres of river bottum. It didn't get too close to my stand so all isn't lost, just kinda threw a wrench into my weekend. hopefully all the activity is over now and next weekend things can get back to normal. I'll try and post some pictures of the firewhen I get em off my cell phone.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do they know what started the fire?

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.