Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1) >

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Community

Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

hey at least you went man. you treid and thats all anybody can ask. plus you had fun.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Went out Sunday afternoon, jumped A TON of deer on the way in, guess I figured out where they are bedding now, that is a plus, but the down side of that is the deer that I jumped pin-balled right through the bedding area I was planning on hunting, and they probably dragged those deer out also. Ah well, live and learn.

The highlight of the afternoon was after sitting there for about an hour, I had a coyote come in, it came in to about 5 yards, so, since they are considered varmints around here (at least I think they are) I figured, this would be good target practice, so, I lean out over the shooting rail on the stand (about 20 feet up) bend at the waist, get at about 1/2 draw, and the stinking arrow hops off the rest, tried to finger it back on, but just couldn't do it. Had to let down, by this time the coyote had moved to the base of the ladder then spooked off, about 20 yards away where I couldn't get a shot off.

grrr......probably for the best, saved $25 because it seems like whatever I shoot at the arrow breaks, and I also didnt have a dead predator in the area stinking up the place....

But dang, that did get my heart rate up, first thing I drew on since last November that i had the intention of pulling the trigger on, thinking this weekend I might try and take a doe, and if everything works out right, bring the boy (be 3 around xmas) out to help me 'track' it, of course that is if I find it ahead of time.....
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks man i had an arrow hop off a rest on a beuatiful8 pointer one year. thats all it took for me to get awhisker biscuit. at least you have drawn on something. i have seen deer but noing i can draw on yet. i haven't even seen a coyote yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM

Wow, we were almost on the third page, nothing really new to add to this today......
Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Saw a doe, two fawns and a small buck under my stand today. The doe was a shooter but didn't give me any decent shots.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i started to get up this morning. i got up then realized i had 10 hours on the sales floor to work today and didn't wanna be tired all day. but i'm gonna hit it tomorrow morning. we got cool air coming in.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey all... just got back. I got a big ol moose. Wound up using rifle, but could have shot him w/ rifle.
Shot him 1st light 2nd day of season. Best hunt ever. Guide called him in from about 400 yards in a thick cut. We heard him coming in grunting, raking trees, & just plowing through the alders. Shot him at 25 yards. Hit him 4 times right in the boiler room before he tipped. He only took 2 steps and tipped over off of the skidder trail. Like calling in a 1000lb turkey ready to fight!
Field dressed 870 lb, Had a 48.5" spread, & had 19 points.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Western ! Sounds like you had a great time !
Old 09-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

best hunt of my life...
even though it was w/ the gun!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Awesome moose.

The one time I hunted outside of the states (whitetail in Saskatchewan) I had a cow come up on my box blind about 60 yards away, then the next day she showed up again, and her calf was there and she was trying to drive it off, swatting at it with her front hooves......

All I could think was I hope she dont see me in my little blind (6 feet high) and if my 30-06 would be enough to discourage her

Congratulations again......

Quick Reply: Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread (1)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.