Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 11-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

well i am back from vacation just have to remember to bring my camera to work for the pics
lots of deer shot between my 1 hunting partner and myself 9 deer hit the ground in 2 weeks.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

haha nice. Cant wait to see some pics. Any bone?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM

hey guys, ive been real busy lately.
Im back from kansas, but we didnt kill any deer. I was drawn back on 3 different 150 class bucks, but i just couldnt close the deal. all about 30 yards, but there was brush in the way for 2. the other i spooked on the way back to the truck. he jumped up and stood 30 yards away for 10 seconds. another 5 or 10 seconds I could have put an arrow into him. We each saw 15 or so different bucks. It was awesome with all the rutting activity.
Its our gun season now, and muzzleloader next week, but after that, i can bowhunt again until january 4 or so.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Hey guys,

Rifle season is open here in PA and Monday morning I took my bow and rifle to the stand in the morning. I ended up seeing a black bear and a bobcat that morning, along with several guys who tresspassing. After I got down and told the landowner, I grabbed my rifle and went to my property and decided to see if anybody was tresspassing on it, thankfully I didn't see anybody but I did manage to put the smack down on my first coyote ever. It was around a 115 yard freehand shot with my .280. She is now at the taxidermist and I am having a full body mount done. Here is a pic....

Yesterday morning I hit stand with bow and gun again and only saw a doe sneeking through some brush. Yesterday afternoon I hit the woods again, this time with just my rifle and after sitting for 2-1/2 hours without seeing a thing, I was about ready to move to a different area when I saw a doe out in a cut cornfield on the other side of the valley. She started running towards the bottom I was in when I noticed another deer. I instantly saw horns and hoped that they would come out of the field (posted property) and down into the swampy bottom that I was in. He ran up to the doe and she busted down into the bottom and he followed. He was heading into a thicket and he stopped at around 225 yards broadside. He was now on the property that I have permission to hunt and I rested my gun on a fallen tree, put the crosshairs right behind his front leg and squeezed the trigger. The gun went off and I watched as he stood there. I reloaded and put the scope on him again, pull the trigger, and he took a few more steps into the brush. I reload and wait for him to get into the last little "opening" and I put the crosshairs on him and squeeze. I then had the pleasure of watching him and the doe walk down into a bunch of deadfalls in the creek bottom. I waited a little while and went down and found his tracks in the mud and didn't find a drop of blood. Followed the tracks for a good ways without any sign and decided to head home. I still have no idea how I missed, rock solid rest and my .280 is sighted in 1" high at 100 yards with 150 grain Nosler Ballistic tips. The only thing that I can think is that I was hitting brush that I couldn't see through the scope. It wouldn't have counted for the contest, but he was a bruiser that I would have been proud to put on the wall. Giant body 8 point with great tine length, great mass that carried throughout his beams, and great tine length (even his brows). I am heading back with my rifle tonight, and if it doesn't produce, the rest of my season will be spent in this bottom with my bow.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

No deer, but I caught this bobcat yesterday! Biggest bobcat that I've ever
trapped so far!

It weighed in at 20lbs!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

damn, you must be a monster. That looks like my cat and she weighs 9lbs. Congrats! Did you know it was in the area?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

damn, you must be a monster. That looks like my cat and she weighs 9lbs. Congrats! Did you know it was in the area?
I'm 6'2" and weigh #180... I'm not quite a "monster" yet. lol

Yes, I did know bobcats were in my area. I have multiple trailcam photos of bobcats around my trap...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:21 PM

Congrats on the bobcat Mike, I finally saw my first bobcat in the woods this year.

Well, I put a buck down on the ground today with 5 days left in season. He isn't going to add much or push us into contention but I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the good times this season guys, it has been an honor being part of this team.

I will score him tomorrow and enter him.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to everyone, haven't been in here for a while Glad to see you got one before the season ended BM!

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.