Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

that is a dandy racewayking! congrats to you!

Kansas is looking good, it is mid 70s this week there, and thursday it will get into upper 50s then upper 40s next week when my family will be hunting.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is gonna be 137 2/8 Gross. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post the numbers in the score forum soon.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Race..... Great looking buck..I still haven't Scored mine yet..will get um done this weekend..
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Nice work guys! My vacation has come to an end, and I have nothing to show. I seen a few bucks, but nothing (except for one) thatI was ready to hang my tag on. Firearms season comes in this Sat so things will get a lot more difficuly around here with a bow. I'll keep tryin'. Congrats to those of you who have been successful.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

started vacation on Monday and tuesday I shot an 8pt I will put pics up soon, ruff scored im at 71 2/8 nothing big but a good buck for the area I hunt. Good luck to everyone
Old 11-13-2008, 09:17 PM

Congrats Paul, that is awsome and I can't wait to see the pics.

I might be able to sneak out and hunting in the morning, and if not, I might get a chance to hunt tomorrow afternoon for about an hour and a half, I won't be able to get out Saturday which is the last day of our early archery season. If I don't score, the bow will be carried along with me to stand during rifle season, and if I don't have luck, I will be out in late archery season.

I had a 130" 8 point at 30 yards Tuesday evening but he was behind some brush and wouldn't come any closer. He was a pig of a buck, biggest bodied buck that I have seen from stand. Thats been my luck this season
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buck down! I'll post pictures soon!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning I went hunting with my dad and lost the trigger to my release and couldn't shoot anything the whole morning! Luckily I didn't see anything to shoot...

Today I was hunting in my tree stand when a doe came walking right to me broadside, 20 yards away. I waited for it to walk about 5 more yards into my shooting lane. Then, just when it was a few feet from my shooting lane it turns around and starts walking away! (I think it smelled me.) I made the best shot I could under the circumstances but I hit a twig which deflected the arrow, missing the deer by a few inches. About ten minutes later I called my dad on the radio and told him that I shot at a doe and that I thought it was a clean miss. My dad said that I should wait in my stand a little longer before I go check my arrow for blood. About 15 minutes later I started climbing down my stand when my dad called me on the radio and said that a deer was coming my way! (I was about 5 feet off the ground when my dad called.) Since I was half way down the tree I quickly got out of my treestand, ran a few yards up the trail and crouched besides a tree. From what My dad said the deer should be coming down the trail that I was watching. About 5 minutes after I sat down a deer comes running down a trail quartering towards me. I pulled back my bow as soon as I saw this deer about 50 yards up the trail. I aimed my bow at an opening about 25 yards away from me up the trail and waited for the deer to come. the deer closed the distance quickly and I made my shot as soon as the deer walked into my little shooting lane. I hit my release and watched my arrow disappear into the deer's body. As soon as I shot, the deer disappeared over a hill, running towards our truck. (I thought great! Now I won't have to drag it far!) After I shot, I waited about 5 minutes and ran over the hill to see if I could see where my deer ran. As soon as I ran over the hill I saw my deer 50 yards from the road thrashing in the leaves. I called my dad and told him I shot a doe and it was down. Dad answered back and said, "A spike is coming between you and the road." I ran to a nearby tree and waited about 10 minutes before I went back and checked out my deer. When I reached my deer I saw that it wasn't a "doe" as I thought before, but a spike! I called my dad and said that the "doe" I shot was actually a buck!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know how to score a spike?

Old 11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happened to team 10?

Where is everyone?

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.