Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 10-25-2008, 06:19 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Congrats buddy, what a pig!!!!

I havn't been able to hunt for a few days, the weather has been bad anyways. I will hopefully get out Tuesday and Wed evening, then I am off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Things have been very slow here up until Thursday evening. I had deer around me all evening and there were bucks chasing doe about 80 yards behind me in some thick brush. I could hear them grunting and their antlers hitting off the brush but I never really got a good look at any of them. Hopefully things come together this week and I can add some inches to our team.

P.S. My internet is FINALLY back up and running so I should be on here more now!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Muckland! Thats a great buck for NY.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Awesome Muckland! Thats a great buck for NY.
Heck, that's a great buck anywhere!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys my I got my first buck with a bow. Nothing huge but it'll add some points to our team total.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Job! Hopefully a first of many for you.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Congrats Justin, the first is always a great experience that you will never forget. Way to go bud!!!

I got out for a hunt this evening and was pumped with the weather when I was heading to stand, temps were around 39 degrees with a 10 mph wind. As I got to my stand I noticed several new scrapes and a brand new rub line behind my stand that weren't there on Thursday. At first I just knew that tonight was going to be the night, that is until the winds picked up to 25-30 mph. Didn't see a thing, but I was glad to see the fresh sign as my three days off are quickly approaching and I will be practically living in stand for those days
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 AM

congrats to both mert and muckland on some nice bucks. way to put some points on the board!
Ive been seeing some nice ones. Last weekend i saw a 120 class 8 point about 60 yards away, i grunted but he wasnt interested. I passed a 6 pointer, and have seen a 120 class and 135 ish 8 pointers while shining. today We are headed to the spot where i grunted at that buck last week. The place was all tore up with scrapes and rubs last week, so the rut should be on this weekend! we leave for kansas one week from today and will be hunting on saturday the 8th.
Good luck you guys
Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello everyone! This morning I went hunting with my dad and killed this nice doe.

I shot her at about 50 yards through the heart...

11/02/08
Wolf CVA 50 cal. Muzzleloader
Shot distance: 50 yards
Weight: 86 lbs. (field dressed.)
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys- I dropped an older 10 point this morning. He is around 135-137" here is a picture. Will try to post scores later today.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 AM

Heck yea, thats what I'm talkin bout! Congrats bud, what a pig. I love the mass on that big guy!

On a side note, things picked up in a hurry this morning, I had 5 different bucks with 4 of them being shooters come in but never got close enough for a shot. They were skirting the edge of a swamp checking for doe. Needless to say, after that I moved my hang-on closer to that edge and will be back there this evening and tomorrow morning!

P.S. With that buck, and mucklands, we should be getting up there within the top 3 teams or so!

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.